mbabaracus

Truth vs Racer X

I'm not trying to start a brand flame war here but I'm having some real trouble deciding between an Ellsworth Truth and a Titus Racer X. I do not have a local dealer for either brand within 100 miles of where I live. I demo'd an Epiphany in Colorado last year and liked it although I thought it could use a shock upgrade (seemed mushy). Currently I ride specialized epic and want something a little more plush (fully active). I guess I'm getting old. It'll be used for aggressive trail riding and the occasional race in the beginners division.

I would love to hear from people who have experience with both bikes. I'm not that concerned about the weight difference between the frames. I'm more interested in the difference between the handling and suspension behavior.

Please no flaming. I don't care about the company, the customer service, etc... That stuff has been beaten to death on both brands. I just care about the performance of the bike.

I appreciate your input.

bm

Trying to grow a mustache
    Hi, I was in the same dilemma in 2004 and was able to demo both. I was impressed with the Ellsworth's plushness and geometry over the X. The X seemed a little more laterally stiff, and vertically stiff. Ended up with the Truth and have loved it. Since the Truth has a longer TT don't forget you might need a shorter stem, particularly with risers. I'm 5'10 , ride a medium, and have a 100mm stem. It feels good.

P.S. Both are great, my buddy has a custom X and loves it. I do believe the X is partially built in Taiwan, if that matters to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0