Thread: Truth Sizing

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Truth Sizing

Help with sizing. I currently have an old (like '00) truth that doesnt fit that well and, unfortunately, i cant recall it's size (bought used). Anyway, my current bike has too much of my weight on the bars. It might be setup too. In any case, i want to get a newer (still used) Truth frame and build it up. I am 6'0" with a 30" inseam and am mainly interested in a cross country set up. Not sure if i need a medium or a large. Any advice greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

truth frame size

You could probably go either way; i'm 6'1" and ride an 04 frame, size L. I'm a little spread out, but it's an XC bike, and if I had a smaller frame I wonder if I'd need to jack the seatpost up too much. However I have sometimes wondered, thinknig about when I replace it, whether I'd stick the front wheel better if I had just a bit more weight on it. You should contact Ells.

Tool
    I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam and recently picked up a 2010 large Truth. If anything, it's on the small side for me, but my body likes a really long top tube. Still, I have trouble believing I'm on the biggest Truth frame they make.

If you have to buy without trying, I'd figure out the ETT (effective top tube) length you're most confortable with and shoot for the frame that comes closest to that.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Truth

I am 5'11" with 32" inseam and I rode a medium with a set back seatpost. It was on the small side but really light. I would opt for a large if I were to do it again. I did opt for the medium evolve which works fine with a .5 inch longer top tube.

Good Luck,
    Robert

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You could fit either. If you get a medium it will be a tad lighter- you will need a longer stem 120-130mm and the wheelbase will be shorter (faster in the corners), and a setback post. If you opt for the large- you will need a shorter stem 90-110mm, and a slightly longer wheelbase making it a bit more of a stable ride. You can use a setback or straight seatpost. It may be more of a personal preference of how you like your bikes set up.