mtbr member

Truth - rear cabling

Truth owners - I have one question I could use some help with (05' Truth frame); what should the cabling config look like just in front of the seat tube & under the top tube, where the front der. cable bends and heads down to the der. unit? The hyd. brake cable is to be centered between the two bare shift cables and attached by the zip tie frame mounts. But when this hits the rear mount, the brake housing needs to bend outside (or through?) the seat/top tube gusset before it runs down the seat stay to the brake? I got it back from the shop tonight having the final components (Hayes Map Plus); the brakes. They did an awesome job, but it just looks odd in this area. See attached pic; the brake housing is zip tied to the front der. cable and the rear frame mount is not used (for the brake housing).

As I type through this, it seems that the brake housing should attach to the rear frame mount and sneak through the space in the frame gusset. As it is now, the bare front der. cable and the brake housing cross just prior to the rear mount and it just doesn't seem correct.

If anyone wouldn't mind posting a pick of their setup (w/ the front of the bike facing the left) I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
    T-Rex
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    This is how I have run mine.. with the brake hose through the middle
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    so your brake cable does sneak through the hole in the gusset then?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    That picture is incorrect. It should go through the middle and not be zipped to the dera cable and it should not go through the gusset.You can put a zip tie around it if you look closely you can see where the zip tie goes. Only zip the hydro brake line and not your dera cables!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekSux
    That picture is incorrect. It should go through the middle and not be zipped to the dera cable and it should not go through the gusset.You can put a zip tie around it if you look closely you can see where the zip tie goes. Only zip the hydro brake line and not your dera cables!
    That's what I have done in mine above.. The brake cable does not go through the stay, I have a cable guide which replaces the rear v brake plug. The rear derailleur cable does go through though

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan123
    That's what I have done in mine above.. The brake cable does not go through the stay, I have a cable guide which replaces the rear v brake plug. The rear derailleur cable does go through though
    Cool Bike!!!