mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Truth: how to tell model year?

I bought it on e-Bay; supposedly a 2004 model. But the serial #s on the frame and rear triangle begin w/ "03". Does this mean it's not a 2004? Is there a difference between frames made these two years?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

...one more clue

I hit SUBMIT too soon. It has an AVA R shock on it. I'm not sure whether that helps distinguish the model year 03 versus 04.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    two first numbers are yearmodel identification numbers :03 was made in 2003, and 04 is 2004 and so on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think the frames betwen 03 and 04 are the same , differences would be between non propedal and propedal equipped AVA shock ( i think )

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydg
    I think the frames betwen 03 and 04 are the same , differences would be between non propedal and propedal equipped AVA shock ( i think )
    Longer linkage on the 04 and longer shock as well which is supposed to offer more progessive smother suspension.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I have an '04 Truth and the frames serial number starts with an 04 and the rear is 03. So it might have been the norm in 04 or at least for the early models. I purchased mine in April or May of '04.

mtbr member
    03 or 04 . . . somewhere in 04 or 05 is when they changed the eye to eye length of the rear shock (and the rocker and whatever else was required to keep the ICT working right) to 7.875" from 6.5" . The larger air volume makes for smoother "shockage" So . . . prior to the rear end change, they were the same (at least between 03 and 04). If your shock is 7.875 long, then you have the newer rear design.

Hope that helps

We're going down WHAT??

No TRUE model years on Ells bikes

At least that is what i was told. I was speaking to a former Ellsworth employee and he told me that there are no year to year designations to any of the Ellsworth bikes. The '05 and '06 Moments are exactly the same. '07 they were different (asym chain stays). I am sure the Truth is the same.
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Campbell
    03 or 04 . . . somewhere in 04 or 05 is when they changed the eye to eye length of the rear shock (and the rocker and whatever else was required to keep the ICT working right) to 7.875" from 6.5" . The larger air volume makes for smoother "shockage" So . . . prior to the rear end change, they were the same (at least between 03 and 04). If your shock is 7.875 long, then you have the newer rear design.

Hope that helps

Your avatar looks brutal!

mtbr member
    Hi,

How can I check my Truth year, shoul I look for the frame or rear triangle?
    Wich suspension should I use? Diferent years use diferent suspensions lenght´s?

Rides like wrecking ball
    Quote Originally Posted by grbadave
    Truth: how to tell model year?
    Where is it broken?

LOL - I kill me.

Sorry, back to Homerland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!