Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9

    Trust in Ellsworth

    (This was originally a reply)

    People, my god... No matter what the issue is, I don't see the need to be so vicious. All of us make mistakes in life both business and personally and if you say otherwise, YOU are the liar. I have both an ID and a DARE and I think they are two of the best bikes ever made!

    Sure, all manufactured things can have issues, total perfection is highly sought after but seldom achieved. But I think it's safe to say, Ellsworth bikes DO work very well at what they were designed to do. Thus far, I have not had any abnormal frame issues and trust me, I RIDE HARD AND OFTEN!

    I think the attacks need to stop. If you have an issue, fine, post it. But be an adult about it. Life is way too short to get vulgar at issues like these and launch personal attacks at people trying to live life and make a living. Be cool people; take it back a bit...

  2. #2
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,763
    What are you doing?

    What kind of title is that? I'm trying to tone down the flame wars here. You're going to get burned here cause you're putting up flame bait!!

    francois

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    What are you doing?

    What kind of title is that? I'm trying to tone down the flame wars here. You're going to get burned here cause you're putting up flame bait!!

    francois
    I’m not sure I know what "Flame Bait" is. If are speaking in reference to the title "Trust In Ellsworth", I said that because I have two of their bikes and have faith in them. I've had many great times on killer trails and wanted to share that. That’s all…

    I agree with you that some people are abusing this Forum and it should stop immediately. I am simply stating that though these people may have had some bad experiences, I have not.

    This forum is not just for bad comments, it's for good as well.

    Piece...

  4. #4
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    he didnt get burned so far...

    and why would he be? he didnt post anything inflammatory.

    what exactly did you do to tone down flame wars on this board? if you really did, i must have missed it...

    i think that this board finally reached the point where we are past the worst flame wars. i certainly hope so... i am sure there will be some fireworks here and there, but not at the level from couple of months ago...

    i guess it is a good thing... we'll see..

    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    What are you doing?

    What kind of title is that? I'm trying to tone down the flame wars here. You're going to get burned here cause you're putting up flame bait!!

    francois

  5. #5
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,763
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    and why would he be? he didnt post anything inflammatory.

    what exactly did you do to tone down flame wars on this board? if you really did, i must have missed it...
    Yes, I did jump on Traxion a little hard. Sorry! I was just afraid this post would start an endless war between the two warring factions.

    I think everyone got out for a ride this weekend and has come back to their boring computers with cooler heads. I think most folks agree that abuses have occured in this board and it's time to discuss again. Discuss the good and the bad please. But no personal attacks, bashing and endless flame wars.

    francois

  6. #6
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    i think by not asnwering

    some questions, Jim actually answered them. it is hard to defend some statements as they were too obvious...

    it is up to us, the buyers, to make as educated decision as possible...

    hopefully, the owner learns few things from us and addresses main concerns... time will tell. we are watching...


    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Nahh. I think things were finally put into perspective about the issues with EW and some are starting to accept the legitimate problems. rroeder's issues perhaps silenced many.

    Unfortunately, Jim is answering questions like where Mondo is, but he's not answering the direct questiosn posed here. I've resigned myself to the thinking that the lies will never be addressed, nor will clearing the air about warranty and other issues. Too bad because EW had a lot of trust and respect to gain by doing so.

    In any event, perhaps future EW talks can be more productive from here.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    some questions, Jim actually answered them. it is hard to defend some statements as they were too obvious...

    it is up to us, the buyers, to make as educated decision as possible...

    hopefully, the owner learns few things from us and addresses main concerns... time will tell. we are watching...



    Thanks for the support Osokolo, it was appreciated.

    I do agree that there were some honest concerns brought up. Anyway, like you said Francois, things seem a bit more relaxed and on track now. Very cool … I think you said it best Osokolo, time will tell…

    P.S.
    I did get in a killer ride over the weekend (a 32-mile loop in the Angeles National Forest). I hope you guys got one in as well.

    Trax…

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    29

    enlighten me

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion
    (This was originally a reply)

    People, my god... No matter what the issue is, I don't see the need to be so vicious. All of us make mistakes in life both business and personally and if you say otherwise, YOU are the liar. I have both an ID and a DARE and I think they are two of the best bikes ever made!

    Sure, all manufactured things can have issues, total perfection is highly sought after but seldom achieved. But I think it's safe to say, Ellsworth bikes DO work very well at what they were designed to do. Thus far, I have not had any abnormal frame issues and trust me, I RIDE HARD AND OFTEN!

    I think the attacks need to stop. If you have an issue, fine, post it. But be an adult about it. Life is way too short to get vulgar at issues like these and launch personal attacks at people trying to live life and make a living. Be cool people; take it back a bit...
    whats not good about the best bike company out the dare and id could be laid out a hair but the idea is they r still supose to be peddaled up hill whta do u think

  9. #9
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemangobig
    whats not good about the best bike company out the dare and id could be laid out a hair but the idea is they r still supose to be peddaled up hill whta do u think
    I think you need to go back to 4th grade.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion
    (This was originally a reply)

    People, my god... No matter what the issue is, I don't see the need to be so vicious. All of us make mistakes in life both business and personally and if you say otherwise, YOU are the liar. I have both an ID and a DARE and I think they are two of the best bikes ever made!

    Sure, all manufactured things can have issues, total perfection is highly sought after but seldom achieved. But I think it's safe to say, Ellsworth bikes DO work very well at what they were designed to do. Thus far, I have not had any abnormal frame issues and trust me, I RIDE HARD AND OFTEN!

    I think the attacks need to stop. If you have an issue, fine, post it. But be an adult about it. Life is way too short to get vulgar at issues like these and launch personal attacks at people trying to live life and make a living. Be cool people; take it back a bit...
    steve 3 you need to get a life and ride your bike more cuz your on her way too much your lame do u even ride i do ellsworth 4 life why buy the rest when u could buy the best end of story p.s. grow up act your age not your shoe size

  11. #11
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemangobig
    steve 3 you need to get a life and ride your bike more cuz your on her way too much your lame do u even ride i do ellsworth 4 life why buy the rest when u could buy the best end of story p.s. grow up act your age not your shoe size
    for your sake, I hope you are 9.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Similar Threads

  1. The Ellsworth Warranty--the rest of the story.
    By Tony Ellsworth in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:28 PM
  2. An axe to grind against Ellsworth...
    By fc in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 05:14 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 04:38 PM
  4. Ellsworth, Santa Cruz, Intense or something else?
    By phatbiker in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 08:28 AM
  5. Ellsworth ID handling?
    By mtbrider in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:35 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •