mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Titus Motolite II vs. Ellsworth Epiphany shootout review

I recently completed a 2-month test ride/ review on the Titus ML II and compared it to my Ellsworth Epiphany. It is wordy but if you are in the market, you might find it helpful,

here's the link:
    http://www.spokewrench.com/

I'll cross-post on the Titus forum,
    Cheers,
    Thumb

mtbr member
    Great write up. Thanks!
    Test the '08 575 next!

mtbr member
    Perfect, just so happens these are the two bikes I am considering. Hope to pick one up either end of this year or first part of January.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Great writeup, thanks.
    How bout doing Trek Fuel ex 9.5 2008 model and Ibis Moj next.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'd love to get my hands on the Mojo...and i almost bought a 575 before the Epi so i would really like to give one of those a shot too.

Looks like the next bike i will get to test is the Titus El Guapo...looking forward to that!
    thumb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbies
    I'd love to get my hands on the Mojo...and i almost bought a 575 before the Epi so i would really like to give one of those a shot too.

Looks like the next bike i will get to test is the Titus El Guapo...looking forward to that!
    thumb
    I have an Ells Moment now, and an considering a new 2008 575. Looking for something that's great on rocky/rooty trails, handles jumps, but still sprints up hill. The moment does it all well, but the sprinting part. I know it's intent, but it's a tad sluggish, even with a 30 pound build. Any advice Thumbies?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    I have an Ells Moment now, and an considering a new 2008 575. Looking for something that's great on rocky/rooty trails, handles jumps, but still sprints up hill. The moment does it all well, but the sprinting part. I know it's intent, but it's a tad sluggish, even with a 30 pound build. Any advice Thumbies?
    Lighter wheels? Crossmax, strong and very light.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Lighter wheels? Crossmax, strong and very light.
    I have a comparable(in weight) set of Easton Havocs. Light (w/Stans) set of tires too.
    I've assumed it's the DhxA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    What shock are you using and how is it set up?

It would be nice to have something that you could engage some sort of platform damping on the fly. The RP23 does this nicely, but isn't really designed for freeride use. If you have a coil shock moving to an air shock will probably take about a pound off your bike, though you will lose that plush, linear feel.

Thumb