mtbr member

Ti Truth and Epi

A preview of the new Ti Truth, aka Tiruth, is on Bike Mag at http://bikemag.com/freshproduce/Prev...sworth-Tiruth/. The article suggests the front triangle is being manufactured by Merlin and not at Ellsworth's new Vancouver, WA facility. The frame does look very similar to the Merlin Works 4.0. Contrary to rumors I have heard, it does not appear this frame is getting some super lightweight magnesium rockers or carbon seatstays.

The article also discusses the Oracle, which is a Ti version of the Epiphany. Based on previous MTBR posts and the Ellsworth website, I thought this rig was going to be called the Legend. Regardless of the name, it will take many, many coins to own one.

Blue Star
    http://bluestarracer.blogspot.com

Time is not a road.
    The Tiruth looks nice...some people really love Titanium. I have a buddy who's been riding his Ti Racer X for at least 7-8 years. The material is built to last, for sure. Though, he's cracked several aluminum rear ends, so I guess everything has it's limits.

I suppose in the bike world you have two choices if you want to stand out amonst the crowd: Ti or Carbon. Who wants to place bets on when we'll see a caron Truth...or a Caruth...

Spanish Marathon Racer
    I am looking at the pics...

I am touching my self!!!!

I want one!!!
    "Win gives you glory, continue to your last breath gives yo pride, surrender is not an option"
    "Like a beast freed from its chains, I pedal like If I had to scape from hell. As sweat falls from my face, my phantoms, my fears, are left behind until they are points at the horizon."

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier
    I am looking at the pics...

I am touching my self!!!!

I want one!!!
    Rapier, ya maka me laugh................. Todo Bien......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    the titruth looks exactly the same as the works 4.0, yet it retails at 4900 vs merlin's 4000. laser-etched logo VS decals = $900?? or am i missing something here?

prestige: merlin>ells
    price: merlin build: it's the same damn thing!

i'd say the titruth is strictly for fans. now let me check that lottery ticket....

Ti is addictive
    4900 bucks????????..........I think I'll stick with what I know best.......At that price one can get a Titus Ti-Racer-X/Motolite and a Eleven HT and a fork for each bike.......That thing is only for an Ellsworth fan/collector........but to each their own..........And here I was considering a Ti Epiphany to go with the collection, but not at that price........
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    4900 bucks????????..........I think I'll stick with what I know best.......At that price one can get a Titus Ti-Racer-X/Motolite and a Eleven HT and a fork for each bike.......That thing is only for an Ellsworth fan/collector........but to each their own..........And here I was considering a Ti Epiphany to go with the collection, but not at that price........
    don't forget the ti epi sells as a complete bike at a budget price of $10,000 only... suweet!

hey look on the bright side, u get more tubes and gadgets for a same price roadie

nightriding is fun !
    Strange indeed that the Ellsworth costs more than the Merlin.. which is essentially the same bike.. ie Merlin Ti front coupled to Ellsworth Alu rear.. hard to find in Europe I imagine. Any opinions on the ICT rear suspension? Does it deliver what it promises?
    Titanium or Bust !

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wolf
    Strange indeed that the Ellsworth costs more than the Merlin.. which is essentially the same bike.. ie Merlin Ti front coupled to Ellsworth Alu rear.. hard to find in Europe I imagine. Any opinions on the ICT rear suspension? Does it deliver what it promises?
    if u asked me i'll take works 4.0 anyday for $900 less. no way in hell laser-etched logos shd cost me $900 more.

anyway decals are easier to replace. just scotch-brite the main triangle and change new merlin decals. heck i'll use the $900 to get me some custom geometry/ tubing from merlin and some bling parts or simply throw in a pair of I9 wheels. wait a second... i'll much rather buy a custom titus exogrid racer-X with that kinda money

nightriding is fun !
    I'm having a Merlin Works to testride this saturday.. we'll see if it delivers the goods. Check the Merlin forum for the report.
    Titanium or Bust !

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i switched from a ti hardtail to a truth, the ICT rides great but I did not have the chance to try out other designs like vpp, tnt, dw-link etc, so i can't tell if ict is superior. my next bike was an epic brain, so again, no basis for comparison. but heck as long as it rides and feels good, it works for me

good luck with yr decision... but seriously, for 4k a frame u shd consider custom geometry from titus instead of a stock frame.