Thread: Ti Truth Cost?

Wanderer

Ti Truth Cost?

I only found one page listing a price and it was $4900.

Is that correct as the Ellsworth site did not list msrp.

Whats a aluminum truth msrp?

Does any of them come with v-brake bosses?
    Yes, i'm a bit of a retro grouch in that regard.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    That appears to be the retail as at least one place I found sells the frame at $4900.

I am however shocked that dealers are not selling it at more than retail given the value of what you get for your money. I would think that $5500 is not unreasonable for such a frame.

Wanderer
    Also, I know the aluminums have a 2 year warranty but what does the Ti have?

The website, while pretty, doesn't have some important info on it that I could find.

HIYAH
    Check excel sports boulder for the merlin version. They are closing them out.
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Elitest thrill junkie
    How much Ti is it? most "ti" FS bikes are only half ti, that being the front triangle.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    How much Ti is it? most "ti" FS bikes are only half ti, that being the front triangle.
    I am not sure though even if not entirely Ti, still a great deal IMHO. The Truth was already one of the best bikes on the market, period, so I can only imagine how much sweeter this one is. The only downside is that people who know the price might be envious at the trailhead when you pull up but hey, I personally dont see anything better to spend my money on so who cares what they think.

bi_ke
    19,000 post between you two. That's great!
    Last edited by bi_ke; 02-29-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bi_ke
    19,000 post between you two. That's great.
    it is indeed great. mtbr is my life and I really am grateful for my e-friends. I am introverted and mtbr really allows me to interact (albeit virtually) with people I would normally be too shy to really chat with.

bi_ke
    No sarcasm intended. You guys are staples around this place. Mtbr that is..... not just here in this forum.
    Here in Upstate Ny, it was -12 this morning and we're in between two 12"(each) snowstorms.
    That's why I'm typing right now....

Quote Originally Posted by bi_ke
    No sarcasm intended. You guys are staples around this place. Mtbr that is..... not just here in this forum.
    Here in Upstate Ny, it was -12 this morning and we're in between two 12"(each) snowstorms.
    That's why I'm typing right now....
    your words were very hurtful you mean spirited New Yorker!

bi_ke
    You West Coasters are so sensitive.....

Taco
    Does anyone know the difference between the Merlin 4.0 and the Ellsworth Tiruth? Both have ICT four-bar linkage, and look nearly identical (albeit very small variances in ST and HT angles), however the Merlin is less than half the price of the Ellsworth (at Excel)...

VooDoo user.
    TI is overated. Too soft and flexy for Mtn purposes. That is why you will usually only see it on the front triangle when it comes to DS setups. Also by the time you get it to be as stiff and strong as Alum. it weighs more.

In my opinion its a BLING THING. Better served on road bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    TI is overated. Too soft and flexy for Mtn purposes. That is why you will usually only see it on the front triangle when it comes to DS setups. Also by the time you get it to be as stiff and strong as Alum. it weighs more.

In my opinion its a BLING THING. Better served on road bikes.
    yeah, you are right. Carbon is the perfect choice for MTBs

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    yeah, you are right. Carbon is the perfect choice for MTBs

I'll take Carbon over Ti for mtn use any day. ( personal opionion of course ) Carbons soo versitile its magic on the road too.

Ti is addictive
    Buy the Merlin from EXCEL and order the fork and XTR build kit for the same price as the Tiruth frame only.....There Problem solved........Or better yet, Buy a bike that's come in Ti since the dawn in Time and get a Titus Racer-X. What are you gonna do if TE decides to drop the TiRuth off the frames list in less then 5 years. Accept a Aluminum one on warranty???? Remember the TiRuth is made for Ellsworth by Merlin (ABG).........All Warranty's will be done by them anyways. So bypass the distributer (ie Ellsworth) who's added an extra 2K just for some laser etch and a different badge.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Buy the Merlin from EXCEL and order the fork and XTR build kit for the same price as the Tiruth frame only.....There Problem solved........Or better yet, Buy a bike that's come in Ti since the dawn in Time and get a Titus Racer-X. What are you gonna do if TE decides to drop the TiRuth off the frames list in less then 5 years. Accept a Aluminum one on warranty???? Remember the TiRuth is made for Ellsworth by Merlin (ABG).........All Warranty's will be done by them anyways. So bypass the distributer (ie Ellsworth) who's added an extra 2K just for some laser etch and a different badge.
    Aye, the Ellsworth is quite a bit pricey. I'm still in my research stage and badly want to be able to bring over my CK Classic wheelset to a new frame as I'm just spoiled with that engagement but I know I'm out-dated there with v-brakes. Time to go and look at that Excel place. I'm in no hurry so I'm sure I'll be asking some more questions in various forums.

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by On-One
    Check excel sports boulder for the merlin version. They are closing them out.

Looks like we missed the boat. I checked Excel about 1 month ago and they were closing out the Merlin Works 4.0 frames. But, a recent visit to Excel's site shows that they are no longer listing the frame. They did have one built Works 4.0 in a smaller size. Oh well.
    Last edited by yangpei; 04-13-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

MTB SOCAL

New TiRUTH

I recently picked up a new 2008 TiRUTH frame. It's getting built up from parts I took off my Seven Duo I recently sold. Hopefully, it'll be back from the shop soon and I'll get some pics. The frame itself came in at 5.4 lbs for a medium frame.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03