mtbr member
    Sep 2004

For those of you just joining us

Most of the Ellsworth Manufacturer fourm rants about the 2001 Ellsworth Truth.
    It is apparent that the 2001 Truth was a poor design with a stress riser located on the seat tube below the shock mount. I personally tell people to pass on any 2001 truth on E-bay, Mountain Bike Review classifieds or wherever.

Reading the different threads compells one to strongly question the integrity of the Ellsworth Truth design and it's warrenty. Photos offer real life edvidence that the owners have flushed as much as 2 grand down the toilet on what they hoped would be there dream bike. These owner and X-owners are passionate about there boycott of Tony Ellsworth and all of his products. I suppose you can't blame them considering that almost any well equipt Ells is a 3-4000 doller proposition. It's not like Tony sells these frames at bargain prices ya know.

Most of us get the picture about the 2001 truth, the Ellsworth warrenty, and Tony but members of the board still continue personal attacks on one another which gives us mountain bikers a bad name. A road biker may be considering and Ellsworth product and wonder if some 6th graders are the ones saying a $2000 frame sucks and not to buy one while an Ellsworth owner fires back with his or her own personal agenda of there own. Over all the personal attacks lessen the credibility of our great fourm and make all of us who participate looks like idiots.

If you broke an Ellsworth by all means post some pics, tell us how you broke it. So what the guy weighs 200 and hits stair gaps at lunch time, I'm sure a lot of XC bike owners do some huckin now and again. The frame still broke and we shall not tie the hucker to a post and stone them to death cause we are soo insulted as owners of an over priced boutique bike. If you thinks Ellsworth sucks, Tony sucks , fine by me. I happen to like My Ells a lot and I shall continue to enjoy it. If I have some problems with it you all shall be first to know. CCCCCCcan we alll get along.

Big JuJu
    Last edited by Big JuJu; 11-17-2004 at 11:03 PM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Big JuJu

So what the guy weighs 200 and hits stair gaps at lunch time, I'm sure a lot of XC bike owners do some huckin now and again. The frame still broke and we shall not tie the hucker to a post and stone them to death cause we are soo insulted as owners of an over priced boutique bike.

Big JuJu
    It's amazing how many Truth owners foolishly hit stair gaps and 10ft drops