Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thinking of buying an epiphany, questions ...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  geardoc 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying an epiphany from my LBS. I am about 6', 210lbs.

Would a size large fit me?

I have been riding a choppered out ventana el chamuco, will the steep head angle of the epiphany be an issue?

How is the durability of the sst tubing?

What are your thoughts on the Ellsworth wheel set ?

Thanks ,

Cedric

#2 ·
I'm 6'-0, 185lb and have a large size (2010) frame. It fit's me perfect and I enjoy riding the hell out of it. Can't say much about their wheel-set's, I'm rolling Stan's Arch EX tubeless with Specialized Ground Control 2.3 front ant Fastrak 2.1 rear. Very low rolling resistance and surprisingly adequate grip. What I like about this bike is that it feels comfortable (for me) whether I'm climbing, descending or speeding through tight single-trak. One thing I would suggest is getting a dropper seatpost with a remote handlebar switch, It just raises the bar for trail riding enjoyment.

Attachments

#3 ·
I am 6 foot too and the large is a great fit. I run a 60 mm stem to boost te great handling and the reach is perfect for me.

A dropper post is a good idea as already suggested. Your limited on choice but te gravity dropper I use seems to work well.

I woud advise getting the carbon rear end purely and simply for the 142 mm axle.

#4 ·
I'm also ready to pull the trigger on a Epi. Ellsworth site has the sst.1 and the non sst. at an awesome price. I'm a bit confused. Their site only has geometry for the current sst.2 frames so I have no idea what geometry 'im getting. The sst.1 and non sst on sale come in an xl (21) but the new sst.2 doesn't come in an xl. Only up to Lrg.

I'm just shy of 6'3" and I'm pretty sure I need an xl but it's sure nice to know these numbers before buying. I've googled and more google and can't seem to find any geometry on non current ellsworth frames.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.