mtbr member
    May 2006

Team Maxxis Open House

Team Maxxis will be hosting an open house event at the Los Laureles Lodge, in the Carmel Valley in California. It is about a 30 minute drive from Laguna Seca at the Sea Otter venue.

Team riders April Lawyer, Luke Strobel, Jr DH World Champ Cameron, Geoff Kabush, and Mathieu Toulouse will be on hand to chat, answer questions, and sign autographs from
    3-6 pm on Tuesday April 10. The new Team Maxxis Ellsworth gravity bikes will be on display, so come check it out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Cant' wait to see the customized Rogue !

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand23
    The new Team Maxxis Ellsworth gravity bikes will be on display, so come check it out.
    Does anyone know what these bikes are? Are they Rogues? I was kinda hoping for a return of the Dare.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Does anyone know what these bikes are? Are they Rogues? I was kinda hoping for a return of the Dare.
    Yeah and are the Maxxis DH racers riding on Ellsworth bikes or is Maxxis getting bikes from several companies.

Time is not a road.
    Somebody get me April's autograph on a tire or something...I'll ride it

"Its All Good"
    The Dare will come back..................... Really think it will.............. Surely if Ellsworth are getting back into sponsoring DH, they must be building a specific DH bike, not a modified Rogue..... I bet this Rogue is not permanent, the Dare will come.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    The Dare will come back..................... Really think it will.............. Surely if Ellsworth are getting back into sponsoring DH, they must be building a specific DH bike, not a modified Rogue..... I bet this Rogue is not permanent, the Dare will come.....
    Well that is not clear....All I know is the the XC riders are riding Truths this year insteald of Nitrous. This is a Maxxis team, not an Ellsworth team.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Well that is not clear....All I know is the the XC riders are riding Truths this year insteald of Nitrous. This is a Maxxis team, not an Ellsworth team.
    I thought they were on Litespeeds (at least Kabush).

"Its All Good"
    I know big L that it is not an Ellsworth team, but Ellsworth is sponsoring some of the steeds for the Maxxis team.... They will be riding Dare's before the end of the year, traust a Whafe on this one.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Up & Down
    The only diff between the Rogue and Dare, besides model name, is the fact that the Rogue uses formed front assembly tubing and the Dare used a fancy extrusion instead of a typical TT and DT. The suspension is exactly the same. Am I missing something?

Take a Rogue, slack out the HT, lower the BB, etc... to world Cup DH geo and presto. Call it whatever, but the suspension is still all based on the Dare/Rogue platform.
    Round & Round.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I thought they were on Litespeeds (at least Kabush).
    Yes, I stand corrected.

http://www.maxxis.com/team_maxxis/overview.asp

It will be interesting to see what the DH rigs will be... I'm excited.

Spanish Marathon Racer
    whatīs wrong whith rogue?

Itīs an excellent DH machine!!!!
    "Win gives you glory, continue to your last breath gives yo pride, surrender is not an option"
    "Like a beast freed from its chains, I pedal like If I had to scape from hell. As sweat falls from my face, my phantoms, my fears, are left behind until they are points at the horizon."