Thread: Sub 22 HELP

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Sub 22 HELP

Hi All, 1st day and 1st post on Mtbr forums!! I have been desperate to find a SUB22 frame for ages as i wanted something a little bit retro (but not too old) and something completely exclusive (massive bragging rights)!! I have just taken delivery of a SUB22 today that I won off ebay and I am starting to question its authenticity.
    All the pics I have studied show the seatstays meeting at the seat tube, the frame I got today has the seatstays meeting together and then a square tube goes to the seat tube. The frame is obviously very high quality as it is very light and has the Easton stamps near the headtube, silver frame and the size is 20" so maybe this may be the reason for the slightly different rear end.
    I really hope someone can help me soon as I still have a chance to send it back!! Many Thanks in Advance!!

Are you talking to me?

Photo?

How about a link to the auction, and a photo of what you got in the post?
    gfy

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hey, Damion. Thanks for the reply. A quick call to Freeborn Cycles yesterday at 5.30pm gave me the reassurance that it is a SUB22 that I have, it was a rare model they built for the large frame for one season. (So looks like I got a rare model of a rare model)!! Gonna build her up and enjoy. Cheers.