Thread: stolen moment

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

stolen moment

Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out by getting some information out there.

Unfortunately my wife and I woke this morning to find some scumbag had broken into our shed and taken my Ellsworth Moment and her month old Specialized Myka Expert. Nothing else was taken, a 2001 GT I drive was left and they even left a crate of beer! The bikes were well locked . It is quite clear the theives knew what they were after and came well tooled up.

My ellsworth is pretty distinctive and is unlikely to go unnoticed. I've included some pics below, the only difference between the pics and the bike now, is that it now has Fox 140 talas R's (fitted 2 weeks ago), maxxis high rollers,red bar plugs and a rear Hope mini. To say we're gutted about the loss of our pride and joys is a massive understatement. The bikes were insured, but not for the full value.

The theft took place from the Barnsley/Rotherham area in the UK. It would be much appreciated if you guys in the UK could look out for the bikes on the train or for sale.

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images

Live 2 Ride
    Sorry man. That sucks.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That sucks dude, hope you get all sorted.

Karma will sort the scumbags.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

banned
    Mar 2005
    not good...make sure to advise Ellsworth to include this info against your serial # in their records

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Sorry to hear that

My Ellsworths would never see the inside of a shed, and they only see the cellar when drying off after a wash, other than that they hang from the wall in the spare bedroom, and are locked together with a Kryptonite cable and U-lock. That being said I hope the the thief crosses in front of you at a stop sign while you are using a friends HumVee.

Those who skibike, know..
    Sorry to hear about your bike, ok, even your wife's Spec.

Let this be a quick reminder for everyone to register their bikes at

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/ellswo...gistration.php
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

Are you talking to me?

I know you are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Sorry to hear about your bike, ok, even your wife's Spec.

Let this be a quick reminder for everyone to register their bikes at

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/ellswo...gistration.php

Being new (maybe) and all, I am sure that you are trying to help. However, I am sure that is the last thing the OP needs to hear right now.

Sorry about the loss, and good luck with a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by damion; 03-19-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    gfy

mtbr member

My Sympathies

Sory to hear this my friend. Hope you will recover them both.

Those who skibike, know..

Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Being new (maybe) and all, I am sure that you are trying to help. However, I am sure that is the last thing the OP needs to hear right now.

Sorry about the loss, and good luck with a speedy recovery.

Yes, very new. My message was more for everyone else, as I am sure that the OP would never want what happened to him to anyone else, hence the post...

Also, Newark can still register his bike [if not done already] which could also be very helpful in the recovery effort.

So you see D, I was really trying to be helpful on several fronts. My sincere apologies if it read otherwise.

So Newark, any update? I assume you have been browsing Craigslist [or UK equivalent] and eBay?
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Yes, very new. My message was more for everyone else, as I am sure that the OP would never want what happened to him to anyone else, hence the post...

Also, Newark can still register his bike [if not done already] which could also be very helpful in the recovery effort.

So you see D, I was really trying to be helpful on several fronts. My sincere apologies if it read otherwise.

So Newark, any update? I assume you have been browsing Craigslist [or UK equivalent] and eBay?
    RRx
    What Damion doesn't know is that you work for Ellsworth and I am not sure that you want him to know that Hopefully you will not find out what I mean
    Noticed you've been helpful about posts on problems of the Ellsworth website. Thanks for that.
    Newark, sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you can recover them.

Are you talking to me?

Am I famous or something?

Quote Originally Posted by OldHorse
    RRx
    What Damion doesn't know is that you work for Ellsworth and I am not sure that you want him to know that Hopefully you will not find out what I mean
    Noticed you've been helpful about posts on problems of the Ellsworth website. Thanks for that.
    Newark, sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you can recover them.

I am fully aware that RRx is an ellsworth employee. Why would I care? I am sure it is cool to work for an outfit that makes bikes.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    I am fully aware that RRx is an ellsworth employee. Why would I care? I am sure it is cool to work for an outfit that makes bikes.
    You've mellowed