VooDoo user.

Spring rate for Moment

My dhx has a 500# spring on it. I'm 165#'s soaking wet. Starting to think its a bit to much plus after 3 seasons its a bit compressed. Thinking I might want to try something like a 400-450# spring.

What are you dewds usin?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just got a 07 Moment with a 500# spring and it feels like too much. I just switched to the 450# spring but haven't had a chance to ride it yet because of the fires in so cal.

ZEN RIDER!
    Geared up I'm at 200 lbs & use a 550# coil. Recently I switched back to the stock 500# coil & didn't like the performance & found it to bottom out much too easily even with putting 200 lbs+ in the piggy back.
    So I'm back to the 550-# coil & its running really smooth & plush.
    Life in every breath

Custom User Title
    The size of the spring has more to do with setting proper sag with out going more than two turns on the adjuster nut. If you turn the adjuster too much the sprong coils will bottom out on each other.

I'm about 210 with gear and use a 600# with 1 and 1/4 turn of preload on the coil.

Have you tried to adjust the settings? You might also think about a rebuild. I'm thinking of sending mine to PUSH and get the pro treatment not just the rebuild.

I have 125psi in the boost
    1 1/2 turns out on the bottom out
    10 clicks of pro pedal
    12 or 8 clicks of rebound (i think)
    Team MOJO Wheels.