mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Small 2003 ID geometry?

Hello,

I recently got my 5 Spot stolen and am now looking to replace it. It was a great bike but to replace it is going to cost a fortune! I have seen a good deal on an ID in small and I was wondering about its geometry?

I'm 5"5 - 5"6 so I would assume that a small size would be ok for me? Any ideas on the Top Tube langth as thats most crucial for me to fit frames. I also like running a shortish stem so if its around the 22" mark then all the better. Whats the max fork length (I was considereing Pikes for their adaptability)?

I'm not a gentle rider and definately lean more towards the aggressive than XC, in your opinions would a ID be a good choice for most riding apart from full on DH and freeride?

THanks for your help.

Rhid

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhid
    Hello,

I recently got my 5 Spot stolen and am now looking to replace it. It was a great bike but to replace it is going to cost a fortune! I have seen a good deal on an ID in small and I was wondering about its geometry?

I'm 5"5 - 5"6 so I would assume that a small size would be ok for me? Any ideas on the Top Tube langth as thats most crucial for me to fit frames. I also like running a shortish stem so if its around the 22" mark then all the better. Whats the max fork length (I was considereing Pikes for their adaptability)?

I'm not a gentle rider and definately lean more towards the aggressive than XC, in your opinions would a ID be a good choice for most riding apart from full on DH and freeride?

THanks for your help.

Rhid
    http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/help/faq.cfm#

see "what size should i ride"...

Time is not a road.
    Standover can be a bear on the Id because of its high bottom bracket. My best guess on the TT is that it's probably longer than your 5 Spot, so running a short stem will be fine. The Pike would make a great fork for that bike. I'd recommend running the shorter shock option to lower the BB and standover a bit. Other than that, I think the bike can handle what you throw at it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Cool,
    I saw the Ellsworth page with the frame specs but I wasn't sure if they applied to the 03 frame! I'll think it over some more.
    Any other opinions on the frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

sizing

At 5'7" with 30" inseam, a small Id works great for me.