mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Sizing problem w/ID, HELP!!!!

I have a brand new ID California Edition. I absolutly love the bike , but I can't get it to fit. 30 mm spacers,120 mm - 10 deg stem w/125 travel fork. 10 in. of seatpost atleast. It feels small to me. Real small. Any ideas ??? Much appreciated.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTime
    I have a brand new ID California Edition. I absolutly love the bike , but I can't get it to fit. 30 mm spacers,120 mm - 10 deg stem w/125 travel fork. 10 in. of seatpost atleast. It feels small to me. Real small. Any ideas ??? Much appreciated.
    So what size is bike and what size are you?...All that is confusing without the other info.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Size

Large frame. 6'1 1/2 proportionate.

TT 24.25
    ST 19
    HT 4.75

Rolling
    What seatpost are you using? Is it a standard type or the two-bolt Thomson type? IF so, you might want a setback post on that...get the seat back so at 3 o'clock your knee is over the pedal center.

I can't see why the bike feels so small..With all those spacers on the steerer, the long headtube and the large angle in your stem, you must be pretty upright--maybe that's it. You might have long enough arms you can do without he spacers and use a zero rise stem. I have no spacers and 5 deg rise on a short stem-- and my bar height lower than my seat about an inch (medium frame)

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTime
    I don't ride an ID, but it sounds like you have too much post and too much stem rise. 10" of post on a large frame at 6'1" or 6'2" is too much. If you have around a 34" inseam, the saddle height from the pedal(5 o'clock position)to the top of the saddle(center portion) should be around 38". I would try ditching the spacers or putting them above the stem and see how it feels. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I ride a large Truth(24.25 TT), I run the above saddle height with a 130mm/5 degree stem and a 5mm spacer-perfect fit. Also, with the 5" fork and 10 degree stem, try a riser bar w/ less than 2" rise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Got the fix !!!

20 mm spacers and 120 * 10 stem. AWESOME !!!

Thanks everyone..