mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Should I or Shouldn't I??? 2009 Epiphany

I think this is just too good a deal to pass up, opinions???
    Has brand new XO Shifters,X-9 Front and Rear, Hayes Stroker Carbon Brakes, XT Crank,
    New Chris King Headset,Monkey Lite Carbon Bars, Brand New Ellsworth XC Wheels with no miles on them, Brand new Loaded Stem and Seatpost. This bike is basically in showroom condition with very few miles (less than 50), with only 2 little tiny scratches on the left side seat stay,(like it just rubbed up against something...)...
    I am really considering buying this bike, and I can get it for $2,800.00
    I think this is the deal of a lifetime, but I have never owned an Ellsworth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I or Shouldn't I??? 2009 Epiphany-new-stuff-003.jpg  

Should I or Shouldn't I??? 2009 Epiphany-new-stuff-004.jpg  

Should I or Shouldn't I??? 2009 Epiphany-new-stuff-005.jpg  

Last edited by A-Ray; 08-21-2011 at 07:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes

If it's a medium and you don't want it, I would be interested.

DH.FR.0ne
    Yes its a steal at that price. If you find you dont really like it you could try selling it on for more.(?)

I dont know much about that model, check some reviews. Particularly on the rear linkage design. It looks fairly similar to kona coiler & stinky (linkage design on the konas doesnt make for decent suspension action) but Ellsworth bikes are usually very high quality.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sorry I just edited my first post. The price is $2,800.00, not $1,800.00. Yes, $1,800.00 would have been a total steal and a no brainer... I may be able to get it for $2,500.00 though, we'll see.
    Rode the bike today in the woods (about 10 miles, in rocky terrain) and it was awesome...
    I have the bike at my house and it belongs to a friend of mine. I know as a fact that he has considerably more in it than his price tag, and it was only ridden a few times, and is in amazing shape. I am still thinking about snagging it, but also have a chance at a new Santa Cruz Tallboy... Not sure what to do...

mtbr member
    Is that a 2009? My 2009 doesn't have the little top tube seat tube triangle on it. I would say for 2800 the deal is good, however for that much money you have alot of choice. LIke that Santa Cruz Tallboy (racier than the Epiphany).
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hmmm, I am just stating what I was told. I guess I should check into that seat thing. Unfortunately my buddy is in the Caribbean for the next ten days without a cell phone. He told me it was an 09...

mtbr member
    Looks like a sweet ride to me... I just bought my first Ellsworth (2011 Evolve)... Seems like a killer deal! The rims alone are worth $900 new....
    "A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish." - Zen philosopher Basha

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Personal preference. As a 2009 Truth owner i can tell you that if you like it it's a great deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    $2500 seams about right with that component spec. They sometimes go for more-some less on ebay and sites like this. If its in good condition and it doesnt have to be shipped- go for it. Just do yourself a favor and get rid of that gawd awful red seatpost before you ride it anywhere........

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The seat post is a pretty pricey Loaded Precision item. I did not put it on there, and do not have a post small enough to fit either or I probably would swap it out. I think the bike had a Red Loaded Stem also at one time, so it did match. The bike is for sale in PA on CL, and will not be shipped. I have had some problems shipping bikes in the past, so no more of that...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I bought it... Can't wait to get out tomorrow and give it a whirl.
    Stem and bars may need to be changed to fit me a little better, but overall I love the way it rides...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Congrats. I'm jealous.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Very nice. Hope you have many miles and years of enjoyment on it.