Thread: Rogue weight?

p0P

Rogue weight?

Oops, didn't see the sticky...

<
    I love the versatility and the suspension design that the Rogue offers, but I have found a lot of conflicting reports on just how light it can be built (or should be built).
    I am looking for a great AM/FR rig that has 7 in.+ of travel, but can be built to less than 33 lbs and not fall apart. Lots of people tell me that the Rogue is THAT bike! Any input is much appreciated!>>
    Last edited by leepatrick33; 11-06-2007 at 09:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have had my Rogue for a little over a year and it weighs 33 to 35 lbs depending on the tires im running. i have ridden alot of cross crountry rides and many days at Keystone ski resort and it has held up fine. I have a the 8 inch travel frame with a fox 36, chris king front hub and dt swiss 440 rear with the 12mm TA laced to 819's. The only part i worry about are the XT cranks but they are hanging in there. I am sure you can get it to 33lbs or less if thats what you want. You wont regret getting one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I have mine down to 31.5 Lbs. It has an 08 DHX air- 7" travel, 08 36 Talas, King HD hubs, Stans flow rims-tubeless, Stylo cranks, Hope M4 brakes- 8"f-7"r, X-9 drivetrain, thomson stem/post, Holzfeller bars, WTB rocket v SLT seat, 2.35 sticky Nevegals. It could go under 30 w/ I9 enduro wheels - flow rims, XTR crank, lighter bars. It's definately no DH bike built this way, but it works very well for my kind of riding. It will pedal better than most 5-6" travel bikes out there.

MTB SOCAL
    WOW - Rogue down to 31.5 lbs. I can barely even get my Moment down to 31.5 lbs, and it's built up pretty light for all-mountain riding. My Rogue is built more for resort riding and is probably 37-38 lbs. I think my solid steel 12mm thru-axle in the rear weighs a couple of lbs by itself! Plus, the Hadley 36 hole straight-gauge spokes / Mavic 823 wheels aren't light either.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Custom User Title
    I hear you on that one Yeng.

I think he needs to take it on to a shop and put it on a heartbreaker. The lightest I was able to get my moment was 31.5, and not be afraid to break parts. Isn't the Rogue frame alone almost 2 pound heavier?
    Team MOJO Wheels.

VooDoo user.
    If you are gonna build a 30-32# Rogue, why not just build a Moment? Sounds like most of you just put a fox 36 fork on there anyway. What gives?
    Not flamin ya, just curious why you would build a roue that light.

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    Isn't the Rogue frame alone almost 2 pound heavier?

At least. I think my Moment frame is around 8 lbs with DHX Air. My Rogue frame is probably 10-11 lbs with DHX Coil.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    First, it's been on three scales, 31.5lbs was on the heaviest one at Red Barn bicycles. As far as buiding a Rogue that light compared to a Moment, throw the same fork on them and look at the difference in geometry. With my build, my rogue's geo is HA 67, SA 73.5, BB 13.75", CS 17.4", 28.5" standover, plus it has an inch more travel, a slightly shorter TT and a stiffer frame than the moment. I like a long, low-slung bike with a slack HA, but I do a LOT of pedaling and I like the steep seat tube for that. In comparison, the moment with the same Fox 36 fork would have geo that is APX. HA66, SA 71, BB 14.9", CS 16.9" standover 30.2". I'm comparing the small Rogue to the medium Moment. So all in all the geometry worked out better for me building a light Rogue than the moment. FYI- set up for resort riding with my coil shock, a 66, saint cranks, and a heavy wheelset it's at 37lbs
    Last edited by mxracer299; 11-30-2007 at 09:49 AM.