Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

The Ride has Arrived - Sensational

Hi All

Well have just been in the US of A for work, so prime opportunity to bring The Ride back with me. Been quite the wait really.

Have to say though, putting this bike together made it worth the wait.

To purchase this bike was a purchase of total [SIZE="5"]extravagance[/SIZE], there is no way I can say it wasnt. So wanted to get that out of the way. And by no means justifying this purchase.

So to the bike, this is a piece of art, it is glorious to look at, the lines are stunning. It is something that Alessi in Italy would produce. The carbon fibre forks, bars, front guard, seatpost, cranks & chain guard look rad. The white paint job is stunning. The wheels are amazing, the tires even look the shizzle. The seat is comfy, leather and very cool.

It is great to ride, very laid back, as it should be.

What more can I say, this is a purchase for no reason at all, a piece of art for my lounge, as all my friends know I love my bikes, this is the icing on the cake......

Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    A few more shots

These are all taken below my apartment, 100 points too if any one can guess what city this is, and yes it is in Spain....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Rolling
    Sweet. It's beautiful.

Wild guess on city is Barcelona.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ha ha cool pics! Looks very cool whafe!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"Its All Good"
    Sweet guys, thanks for the comments, getting used to it in the lounge....

Not its not Barcelona Lidarman, close but no cigar.....

This photo at tonights Barcelona football mathc was in Barcelona city....

Rolling
    ok, howabout that city down the street, Mataro, where the peeps helped you with your Nicolai.

I'm just wildy guessing here now.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ok, howabout that city down the street, Mataro, where the peeps helped you with your Nicolai.

I'm just wildy guessing here now.
    Good memory, very close to there...............

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That bike is RAD Whafeeooo.

THE Ducks Nuts for the cafe's !~!

Rollin' in style doood SmileyCentral.com

Rolling
    The only thing that sucks about that bike is you better avoid the tendency to want to hop it up on curbs unless you pull the rear up with you... I'd probably scratch the hell out of the chainstays in the first 5 minutes.

So is your face
    NICE, Whafe! Man, you're starting a high end bike museum. First the exo ML, then the Nicolai, now the Ride. Enjoy the neighborhood cruises. By the way, gorgeous neighborhood that you live in.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid hero
    NICE, Whafe! Man, you're starting a high end bike museum. First the exo ML, then the Nicolai, now the Ride. Enjoy the neighborhood cruises. By the way, gorgeous neighborhood that you live in.
    Yep, I'm about done now. Got my Roadie, AM, FR and Cruiser, what more could a man want ?????????? mmmm 29'er SS............... Nope, am all good for now......

yep, this is a nice spot to live in, have never lived right in the city, right on the city square, Sheesh I am a country boy from New Zealand, so pretty new to go down the lift and at a café....... All my rides are within 10 mins to the trailhead, and road rides from the door... So its all good, roll on the Spanish summer. mmmm Summer means not many if any articles of clothing at the beach, makes those Sunday rides up the coast ont he roadie all the better....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yep, I'm about done now. Got my Roadie, AM, FR and Cruiser, what more could a man want ?????????? mmmm 29'er SS............... Nope, am all good for now......

yep, this is a nice spot to live in, have never lived right in the city, right on the city square, Sheesh I am a country boy from New Zealand, so pretty new to go down the lift and at a café....... All my rides are within 10 mins to the trailhead, and road rides from the door... So its all good, roll on the Spanish summer. mmmm Summer means not many if any articles of clothing at the beach, makes those Sunday rides up the coast ont he roadie all the better....

What line of work you in Whafe? You should get your butt over to Scotland and Wales - some real epic trail riding on thousand year old trails
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    What line of work you in Whafe? You should get your butt over to Scotland and Wales - some real epic trail riding on thousand year old trails
    Indeed need to get my butt ovr that way, will try in summer..... I work in the vegetable seed business, yep the stuff you eat, well you should daily..... Hard to explain really what I do though. Well I do do loads of flying....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Indeed need to get my butt ovr that way, will try in summer..... I work in the vegetable seed business, yep the stuff you eat, well you should daily..... Hard to explain really what I do though. Well I do do loads of flying....
    veggies ..... as long as it's not those little cabbage like brussel sprouts.... yuk (what were the Belgium's thinking )!~!

feed a man meat and potatoes (and carrots on the odd days ) i say

mmm.... i better go get my cholesterol levels checked....

"Its All Good"
    AM, you true Tassie man, go the meat and spuds.............

trail fairy
    Very nice Whafe am surprised but very nice, Momentus did give me a heads up, be nice to cruise down to the cafe and order some of your runny eggs ya like before rides!

Enjoy bro
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Very nice Whafe am surprised but very nice, Momentus did give me a heads up, be nice to cruise down to the cafe and order some of your runny eggs ya like before rides!

Enjoy bro
    TA, what are you surprised about? am at a loss on that one....

keepin' it rural

saw this the other day...

wonder if this is where they got their inspiration
    Last edited by summud; 06-06-2007 at 04:13 PM.

"Its All Good"
    sheesh summud, you could well be onto something there. Very much the same lines.... Looks the shizzle too

keepin' it rural

craigslist

sheesh summud, you could well be onto something there. Very much the same lines.... Looks the shizzle too
    i came across it on craigslist, i really liked it too, but i called and he wanted $2500 for it. its called an Elgin

"Its All Good"
    thats seems expensive, is it a rare collectable or something?

keepin' it rural
    the guy i called seemed to think so...i did a little research i found one on ebay in worse shape for several hundred dollars, would make a nice project to restore one. i believe they are from the 1930's ??

"Its All Good"
    Would be a great project indeed...........

keepin' it rural

another pic

heres another one. man check out those pedals! i bet if put those on my moment i could go even faster....

trail fairy
    never picked a a crusier dude was all, but I can see the appeal and the fun you'll have cruising to the cafe

Enjoy bud sweet
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast