mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Replacing Moment bearings

I need to change some of the bearings on my Moment can anyone tell me what is the easiest and best way to do this yourself as no bike shop will give it the tlc that i will when i do it.cheers

Spanish Marathon Racer
    Go to an industrial bearing shop. Ask for SKF bearings. Cheaper and better quality than Enduro Bearings. All bicycle brands use standard meassures for bearings, so it will be cheaper for you if you buy bearings in a bearing shop.

I hope these is useful for you
    "Win gives you glory, continue to your last breath gives yo pride, surrender is not an option"
    "Like a beast freed from its chains, I pedal like If I had to scape from hell. As sweat falls from my face, my phantoms, my fears, are left behind until they are points at the horizon."

gnuH
    This is a post you will never see on the Turner forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider
    no because you would need to change the bushing instead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Yawn.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Yawn.
    I agree, this forum is boring beyond words.

Spanish Marathon Racer
    Why this war between turner and elssworth?
    "Win gives you glory, continue to your last breath gives yo pride, surrender is not an option"
    "Like a beast freed from its chains, I pedal like If I had to scape from hell. As sweat falls from my face, my phantoms, my fears, are left behind until they are points at the horizon."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier
    Why this war between turner and elssworth?

Because people like kiwirider get sucked into it. Having been stuck in NZ for a year I can only have sympathy for him - poor bugger!

There are only a few trolls like him, who spend more time flaming on forums than actually riding.

Unfortunately I live in London and have to put up with Kiwi arrogance most days, at least the Visa's have been restricted now! Cos they ain't welcome anymore!

Here some nice posting on another forum by our grown-up friend kiwirider. Some irony in his post I think. I love the 'You add nothing bit'. Plus the bit about himself at the end. 'as no one else will give 'me' the time of day in 'real life'

If you don't care what others on the forum have to say, then feel free to stay away. You add nothing.

But it's pretty obvious that you need this forum, as no one else will give you the time of day in 'real life'.
    Last edited by Zakster; 01-03-2007 at 01:00 AM.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

AKA Sherrif Moe Gnarpiao
    I agree, this forum is boring beyond words.
    So why would you possibly post here?

What a douchebag...
    JRA

over 50 years of cycling

... and if we just ... Buyer's remorse maybe?

I too am fascinated by this so-called "rivalry" from the Turner folks.
    No urge on MY part to waste time kibitzing on the Turner forum, when I could be out riding or maybe discussing some interesting subjects or learning something.

The only thing I can figure out is that SOME of the Turner folks have such incredible buyers remorse, that they feel the need to try to make what they REALLY wanted SEEM bad. I think we should give the poor blokes a break. Sorta sad really.

I can relate because I owned a bike that I HATED for a few years. What a costly boat anchor! It was a Specialized Epic in my case. But at least I figured out I needed to cut my losses and sell it to someone who actually did like it and got myself a bike that would make me happy, which happened to be an Ellsworth Epi. Never had to drop so low as to waste my time trash talking everything else to try to make everything else seem as bad as what I had.

Now I just grin a lot when I ride. Still no urge to check out the Turner forum........
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

gnuH
    Sorry for the negative posts guys - haven't been on my bikes for a while. Need to ride, need to ride....

In all seriousness, I've been torn between buying an Epiphany or a 5 Spot for a while now. Hence me checking out the Els forum for action, pics etc.

over 50 years of cycling

Cool-blue Rhythm Like it, buy it, ride it

Sorry for the negative posts guys - haven't been on my bikes for a while. Need to ride, need to ride....

In all seriousness, I've been torn between buying an Epiphany or a 5 Spot for a while now. Hence me checking out the Els forum for action, pics etc.
    Find the bike that makes you smile the most when you ride it.
    Buy it.
    Ride it.
    Don't worry about what others ride, and be glad not everyone likes the same bike or else there would be a massive shortage(and higher prices) of that bike and you would just be riding what everyone else is riding.

Keep it simple and enjoy life when you can.
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Trail
    Find the bike that makes you smile the most when you ride it.
    Buy it.
    Ride it.
    Don't worry about what others ride, and be glad not everyone likes the same bike or else there would be a massive shortage(and higher prices) of that bike and you would just be riding what everyone else is riding.

Keep it simple and enjoy life when you can.
    Well Said!!!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

MTB Monkey
    It's like a Chevy/Ford thing. On the grand scale of automobile design, Ford and Chevy trucks are as close as you can get. But the more similar two things are, the more vocal each of their fans become. Though I do think it would be better if Ellsworth used a bushing at the back pivot, like Titus.

But seriously, back to the original post. Does anyone have good instuctions for replacing bearings? One of tje back pivots on my Moment is notchy.

- J

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelin
    I need to change some of the bearings on my Moment can anyone tell me what is the easiest and best way to do this yourself as no bike shop will give it the tlc that i will when i do it.cheers
    Should be a simple job using the 5$ bearing puller from Enduro Fork Seals: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id61.html

You can also get the bearings from them: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html