mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Real Epi "effective" TT length??

Everyone,

I looked at the Ellsworth site and it shows the medium Epi has a 24.15" effective top tube length. That's really long for a medium sized frame (it's longer than some other brand's XL length).

I''ve been reading old posts from 2006-2007 and they say the medium Epi has a 23.5" inch effective top tube length. They also mention an "XL" size.

So, did Ellsworth just change the sizing (i.e. is the medium the old large, etc)?

I'm 5'9" and ride a '08 medium with a 100mm stem and it doesn't feel much longer than my old Blur (which supposedly has a much shorter effective top tube).

23.5" seems much more realistic.

What's the real deal?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Looks as if they changed it for 08. My Large Epi, which was bought in 2006 has the same exact numbers as the 08 Med. Looks like they dropped the XL (in name only) for 08and have coined it as a Large. Now the old Large is Med, old Med is now Small and so on. Not sure why they decided to do it that way but, it doesn't make much sense and adds much confusion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    22.25" 23.5" 24.25" & 25.5" are the effective TT lengths for the 2007-08 small, med, large and XL Epis. The seat tube for these are 15" 17" 19" and 21" respectively

mtbr member
    My 07 Medium Epi has a 23.5" top tube. I love the bike but I don't think I will buy another Ells because of how they represent the company. For example their website, customer service response times, etc... Their attitude reminds me of somebody showing up to a interview totally qualified to do the job but they are wearing cutoff sweatpants, a Vote for Pedro t-shirt and flip flops. It's like they just don't care