keepin' it rural

quick realease seat-post clamp for moment

hey guys i was just about to order a quick realease for my seatpost then i realized i dont know what size to order? anyone? its and 06 frame.

thanks

Time is not a road.

Be careful because the carbon spacer in between the rockers can impact a quick release clamp at full extension in some positions.

keepin' it rural

thanks...

thanks for the info, yeah i remember seeing the post about having to point the quick release forwared.

Silver bullet

Descender seat post

I was thinking of trying the Descender seatpost instead of a quick release. I haven't seen any reviews on them yet but I've seen a couple of them on the trails and they seem slick. When you want to lower the seat just pull the knob out and it drops and locks in a lower position. Then when you want to raise it you stand off of it and just pull the knob and it pull the seat to the top again. It's a bit more expensive than a clamp but if you can afford a Moment what's another 200. The weight is only about 70 grams (2.5 oz) more than a Thompson.

The also have a Gravity Dropper which has a cable that runs to a handlebar switch to release but that's to much junk for me.

Anybody heard any bad things about them yet?

Web site is http://www.gravitydropper.com/
    Last edited by djb55; 12-14-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Get the Gravity Dropper, very convenient and safer than the descender. With the bar mounted switch you'll use it much more often. Wiyh the Descender you have to reach under the saddle which is not always possible when you need to.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

VooDoo user.
    I'm rockin a SALSA QR and it works fine. Gravity droppers are nice. Doubt I'd ever get one though. Famous last words.

keepin' it rural

hmm...

the gravity dropper seams like some Rube Goldberg inspired device, don't get me wrong it looks like a really good idea, it just looks a little weird to me. And for some reason i cant shake the image of that thing shooting up and smashing the boys i really doubt that would happen but just the thought makes me cringe. (im just kidding BTW, its a good product but not for me)

MTB Monkey
    If you go QR, get a Hope. Much better than a Salsa (I have one of each). Hope had a knob for no tool adjustment, can be closed in any direction, and is much smother with the brass bushing. Might even be cheaper.

And I think the interference with the carbon cross bar is only on smaller sizes. Not an issue on a large 05 at least.

VooDoo user.
    I'll have to check out the Hope.

I've replaced the screw in it already. Bent the dam thing.