mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Questions Re My Moment

Hey all.

I have an 07 Moment. What's the fattest sized tire you can stick on the to the rear w/o any rubbing? I realize that tire sizes vary even if they are technically the same size, but I was hoping to get a general answer.

Also, I noticed recently that, when I'm doing steep climbing and I have the saddle up, I feel way the hell up off the ground, i.e., my feet (fully extended with toes pointing down) are about 1-2 in. off the ground. Normally, I don't care because I just lower my saddle for the downhills, but I was recently climbing a very exposed and narrow uphill and it was freaky being so high because I felt like if I had to stop, it would be really difficult getting off the bike w/o going over the edge.

Plus, on more rolling XC type trails, my center of gravity feels uncomfortably high when the saddle is in the comfortable position for climbing unless I lower my seat, which then makes it harder to pedal, etc. Is this because the bottom bracket on a moment is very high and you just deal with it, or did I buy a bike that was too big (it feels fine for me otherwise but I do have a longer torso than legs)? I don't think it's a size issue because all the 07 moments have 14.2 bb height. Maybe the cranks are too short? Don't get me wrong, the high bottom bracket is ideal in a lot of ways, I get mad clearance for serious "all-mountain" riding, which I really like. I'm just wondering if it's normal or if I'm missing something.

This maybe a good excuse to by an AMP or GD...

Thanks.
    Last edited by LowLow; 04-13-2008 at 05:12 PM.