Thread: qs on truth

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

qs on truth

Can I know what grade of aluminium is the truth made of. Are the tubes made by ellsworth or by Easton.Do the tubes get dented easily? I am seriously considering buying the truth, but should I just get the 04 model or wait for the 2005 model.? Is the 05 truth stronger, especially the rear mount for the disc brakes? Thanks for any input.. Cheers.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution_gsr
    Can I know what grade of aluminium is the truth made of. Are the tubes made by ellsworth or by Easton.Do the tubes get dented easily? I am seriously considering buying the truth, but should I just get the 04 model or wait for the 2005 model.? Is the 05 truth stronger, especially the rear mount for the disc brakes? Thanks for any input.. Cheers.
    I think it's Easton, but who knows? Is Easton the only good tube manufacturer?

What 05 model. I believe the current model is 2004 and the frame seems plenty strong too me. I haven't dented the frame yet, and have heard plenty of rocks hit the tubing and had my brake lever slam into the TT after a fall....

Get the 04 Truth since there is no 05 model yet.

Disk brake mount is fine..

Trevor!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    I think it's Easton, but who knows? Is Easton the only good tube manufacturer?

What 05 model. I believe the current model is 2004 and the frame seems plenty strong too me. I haven't dented the frame yet, and have heard plenty of rocks hit the tubing and had my brake lever slam into the TT after a fall....

Get the 04 Truth since there is no 05 model yet.

Disk brake mount is fine..

Trevor!
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was so tempted to buy thr truth yesterday, but somehow, my friends asked me to hold back and wait for the 05 model. I trash my bikes real hard, do lots of cross country riding, so just worried whether the frame can take the abuse. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    I had the same situation Bro.
    I really like the Truth and I'm already decided to get one. But when I went to our LBS, I noticed that the upper pivot of the seatstay and the rocker link is somewhat weak the way I look at it and that makes me hold back my decision. However I never heard from any reviews that they snap their Truth on that part. I think, I need some reasurance specially from those long time Truth owners that it is fine, and I'm going back to my LBS to pick one for me. By the way, I ride aggressively but no drops more that 3 feet....
    Your advice Bro's is highly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn
    I had the same situation Bro.
    I really like the Truth and I'm already decided to get one. But when I went to our LBS, I noticed that the upper pivot of the seatstay and the rocker link is somewhat weak the way I look at it and that makes me hold back my decision. However I never heard from any reviews that they snap their Truth on that part. I think, I need some reasurance specially from those long time Truth owners that it is fine, and I'm going back to my LBS to pick one for me. By the way, I ride aggressively but no drops more that 3 feet....
    Your advice Bro's is highly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi. Looks like we are in the same dilema. I currently own a rocky Mountain element 70 and a hard tail Giant xtc mean as a thrash bike. The element is very well built and have no problems at all. Its very agile and responsive, and weighs just barely at 25lbs. In contrast the xtc is so harsh and uncomfortable.

I have heard that the truth is very efficient, and ride very plush and comfortable. Hence want to look for a ride that will allow me to ride longer hours and not get a sore butt. Right now I'm thinking of the Santa Cruz Blur and Ellsworth truth. Heard comments on the blur having very soft tubes that dent easily, so just wondering whether truth is the same.

So far, my experience with Easton tubes used by Rocky mountain is very strong, almost undentable. I love the design of both the blur and truth, so its gonna be a tough choice to decide.

rr
    I don't do PC

Good job!

Hi. Looks like we are in the same dilema. I currently own a rocky Mountain element 70 and a hard tail Giant xtc mean as a thrash bike. The element is very well built and have no problems at all. Its very agile and responsive, and weighs just barely at 25lbs. In contrast the xtc is so harsh and uncomfortable.

I have heard that the truth is very efficient, and ride very plush and comfortable. Hence want to look for a ride that will allow me to ride longer hours and not get a sore butt. Right now I'm thinking of the Santa Cruz Blur and Ellsworth truth. Heard comments on the blur having very soft tubes that dent easily, so just wondering whether truth is the same.

So far, my experience with Easton tubes used by Rocky mountain is very strong, almost undentable. I love the design of both the blur and truth, so its gonna be a tough choice to decide.
    I believe the Truth is a durable bike, I'm a big guy-6'2"/ 195lb., and I have been riding one for 3 years now in rough terrain. It has an awesome combination of plushness and firm pedaling, put a 4" fork on it and it will haul butt downhill. There were some problems with the 01's breaking, including mine, but that seems to be solved now. The downtube will get small dings or dents in it if you ride in rocks, but they are just cosmetic and no big deal. Get the Romic and set it up for trail riding-you will love it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    I believe the Truth is a durable bike, I'm a big guy-6'2"/ 195lb., and I have been riding one for 3 years now in rough terrain. It has an awesome combination of plushness and firm pedaling, put a 4" fork on it and it will haul butt downhill. There were some problems with the 01's breaking, including mine, but that seems to be solved now. The downtube will get small dings or dents in it if you ride in rocks, but they are just cosmetic and no big deal. Get the Romic and set it up for trail riding-you will love it!
    Thanks RRoeder...You give me more confidence in my decision of getting a Truth...You know, it's just too bad if you made a wrong decision in investing in something that you'll regret later on...Safe riding...cheers

sock puppet

05 Truth is probably 8 months away

if you want to always wait for something new, you will wait forever. when 05 truth is out, you may want to wait for 06 truth etc.

04 Truth design seems to have added to frame rigitity re-enforcing critical areas. i dont see any major upgrades happening for 05 Truth.

I dont see any reason for wanting to wait for 05 model... go for it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Wink

the truth is made of easton elite tubing and is very stong. i have an '02 and have had no problems with this bike! i have owned a trek stp and rocky mountain element before this and this bike let's me clean stuff i never could before and leaves me refreshed at the end of the day still wanting more. get it.......and don't look back!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2hmr
    the truth is made of easton elite tubing and is very stong. i have an '02 and have had no problems with this bike! i have owned a trek stp and rocky mountain element before this and this bike let's me clean stuff i never could before and leaves me refreshed at the end of the day still wanting more. get it.......and don't look back!!!!
    Thanks. I 'm currently selling my element70 frame, and once sold, will definitely get the truth. Just have to say that the element feels like Lexus. Comfortable but not so good in climbing. Just have to be patient and only a matter of weeks before the truth will be ready.
    Another slight problem is I like the pewter grey color, but now out of stock until May. Dont know can wait till then or just get the blue frame.
    Hope to join u guys soon!!

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

... and if we just ... Go for it!!!

I just ordered the ID. It is coming in tommorrow (California edition- AVA,propedal with Talas RLC). I test rode the Truth last Thur. and was in awe. The bike handles sweet and does it all nicely. The rear stays to the ground and moves out.
    The reason I went with the ID. I am 235# and ride and race in lots of rocks. I know that Speed Goat has a large in stock( grey)

Good Luck and Happy trails !!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTime
    I just ordered the ID. It is coming in tommorrow (California edition- AVA,propedal with Talas RLC). I test rode the Truth last Thur. and was in awe. The bike handles sweet and does it all nicely. The rear stays to the ground and moves out.
    The reason I went with the ID. I am 235# and ride and race in lots of rocks. I know that Speed Goat has a large in stock( grey)

Good Luck and Happy trails !!!
    Hey guys!!! Just placed a deposit for the truth small size frame. Bike will only be in in May. I have till the end of March to decide the color. I like the dark blue color of the moment, but not available on the truth. The blue, as I was told fades quite easily. Any advice on which color is easier to maintain, and scratches not that easy to see? Really excited now, just can't wait for the bike to come in.

sock puppet

black! it looks badass...

enough said

Hey guys!!! Just placed a deposit for the truth small size frame. Bike will only be in in May. I have till the end of March to decide the color. I like the dark blue color of the moment, but not available on the truth. The blue, as I was told fades quite easily. Any advice on which color is easier to maintain, and scratches not that easy to see? Really excited now, just can't wait for the bike to come in.
    Last edited by osokolo; 01-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.

mtbr member

Kentucky Blue.

I wanted red, but I like the blue better once I got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sock puppet

nice bike! these wheels look sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoKY
    did you subject them to some abuse already? how heavy are you?

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    did you subject them to some abuse already? how heavy are you?
    175 lbs and dropping. It's only been on the trails three time so far, do to spring time in KY(it rains every other day here). They are doing great so far though. The bike rides great.
    Last edited by GonzoKY; 03-13-2004 at 08:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    enough said
    Very nice indeed, but I also love the blue!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Blue looks nice too!!

Oh boy, now I'm really torn between the 2 colors!!!

mtbr member

Two more Pics.

Here are a couple of more pictures. I've taken it out three times now and it rides great.

Trail rider and racer
    Here are a couple of more pictures. I've taken it out three times now and it rides great.
    AS much as I LOVE black the blue does look very good. If I could own two Ellsworths I would have one in blue and another in black..

Very nice build BTW
    Trevor!