Thread: "PUSHED" shocks

VooDoo user.

"PUSHED" shocks

TO all of you out there that have a DHX coil on your Ellsworth........ What are you waiting for. By far the best upgrade you can make to enhance the ICT goodness. Moments, Rogue, and Dare owners should definatley get the shock pushed!!!
    Helps with square edge hits, small bumps dissapear, and landing a drop for me fells like I have more than 6" of travel on my Moment.
    One of the best upgrades I have made. Sure I could go to an Air shock and lose weight but the feel of the PUSHED coil is awesome. The more I ride it the more I LOVE it.

mtbr member
    Same experience here.

I have a 2005 Moment with DHX 5.0 coil on the back. Last fall I had it Pushed and it was like I had a new frame. The bike always felt great before, but the Push treatment with custom valving REALLY enhanced the bike. Tracking was EVEN better than before. The suspension became EVEN more bottomless. It really was one of the best upgrades I have ever made to a bike.

I have a Lyrik coil up front that needs new bushings, but I am going to keep riding it until Push starts to do service on Lyriks. I REALLY want that magic up front also.

Push custom valve tuning is NOT at ALL subtle. It is a dramatic enhancement IMO.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I Pushed my Epiphany front and rear about one month ago and have been VERY HAPPY with the bike. Talas RLC and RP23
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

ZEN RIDER!
    Couldn't agree more!
    I wasn't expecting such an improvement.
    Now all I need is a ti spring & a new fork
    Life in every breath

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    TO all of you out there that have a DHX coil on your Ellsworth........ What are you waiting for. By far the best upgrade you can make to enhance the ICT goodness. Moments, Rogue, and Dare owners should definatley get the shock pushed!!!
    Helps with square edge hits, small bumps dissapear, and landing a drop for me fells like I have more than 6" of travel on my Moment.
    One of the best upgrades I have made. Sure I could go to an Air shock and lose weight but the feel of the PUSHED coil is awesome. The more I ride it the more I LOVE it.
    Push used to do an upgrade where they completely gutted/removed the "air pressure" adjustment on the DHX Coil. This allowed for even more oil flow during compression and was a great mod, but it took away the ability to tune more compression for "better" pedaling. No doubt Push mods improve performance by putting in new pistons that flow better with shim-stacks set up for your riding preferences. There are some great choices out there, such as pushed roccos, pushed vanillas (doesn't have the above oil-restriction), pushed DHXs, avalanche shocks (set up like push, but taken to the next level), and so on. There's a lot of "blaming the bike" for crappy suspension actions when it's often the shock is just not nearly as good as it could be in terms of performance.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have heard all of the great things about PUSH, but has anybody had any problems? The reason I ask is I convinced a friend to send his leaking RP23 off his Truth in and he paid the expedite fee and when they returned it, the lever was installed on the wrong side and he could not use it! He was very disappointed in the lack of detail.

That being said, I am getting ready to send both in for my Epiphany since my TALAS 140 started leaking last weekend. After talking with PUSH, it sounds like they aren't very confident in the TALAS system due to 35 o-rings and 5cc of fluid in the system. They said they are figuring it out but since it is so complicated they sometimes will have issues with the TALAS adjustment. Has anybody had these issues?

They also said many people have had the TALAS converted to high volume cartridge Float RLC and then set it at 120mm, 130mm, or 140mm internally. My front end seems to wash out a bit in the 140 setting so I have been riding the last year in the 120 setting but obvioulsy would like to get the full travel back.
    Any comments or further info would be great!

Secrets to behold

Good job! Pushed Van

I got my Dare's Vanilla RC race tuned from PUSH and it was a night and day difference. I spoke with Matt on the phone for a while. You basically get interviewed about your weight, springrate, riding style, favorite trails, etc. Adjustability was what I really wanted so now when I tighten the compression knob all the way down it bobs a lot less than stock and when I open it up it just floats down the trail. The bottom-out bumper they put in also helps a ton. (I'm sure the frame likes it too...) I can't speak to the DHX shocks but if it's service time anyway, I'd definately throw in the xtra money for the PUSH experience. A side note, Ellsworth's design requires a fully active shock and even though PUSH's website says they will make the shock "stable platform", they definitely know better.
    Beer me.

mtbr member

lever

I have heard all of the great things about PUSH, but has anybody had any problems? The reason I ask is I convinced a friend to send his leaking RP23 off his Truth in and he paid the expedite fee and when they returned it, the lever was installed on the wrong side and he could not use it! He was very disappointed in the lack of detail.
    How can the lever on an RP23 be installed on the wrong side?

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND

Darren

Sounds like he installed the shock back in the wrong way

As you say physically impossible to install the lever wrong!!!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Darren,
    I have not seen it but I will this week and try to explain better his issues. He loves the way it works though!

Darren

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Darren,
    I talked with him again and what happened was the bushings were put on so that he had to install the shock in the opposite way. He was disappointed in the attention to detail at first, but now that he has ridden it a while he actually likes where the lever is better now. The only complaint now is that the PUSH sticker is upside down. Maybe a new sticker in his future?????

Darren

Those who skibike, know..
    YoungNasty - is that you in your avatar flyin off a huge launcher? Any more pics???

[sorry to OP for the OT .... ]
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

MTB Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushman
    Darren,
    I talked with him again and what happened was the bushings were put on so that he had to install the shock in the opposite way. He was disappointed in the attention to detail at first, but now that he has ridden it a while he actually likes where the lever is better now. The only complaint now is that the PUSH sticker is upside down. Maybe a new sticker in his future?????
    The bushings are the same at each end of an RP. It is just the reducers you are talking about. Those can be switched in about 30 seconds.

mtbr member
    PUSH rocks!! the Fox Vanilla RC on my straight 8 blew up. i was going to replace it with a Roco but the small straight 8 frame wouldn't allow it so i had the Fox rebuilt by PUSH. i have not one complaint!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Some gear, some idea
    Feb 2005
    Just to add a corroboration to the comment about Avalanche. I just fitted a DHS to my Moment. Craig discussed on the phone my particular requirements, and tuned to suit my weight and desire for max small bump absorption and only small jumps - so high ad low speed compresion damping are tuned to much the same. I had a float Talas before and found either the back bounced around, or I blew through the mid range. Now the back end just soaks up the rocky stuff as if it isn't there. Definitely recomend it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yes, I am a bit confused now as well as he knows what he is doing and would know that, and I have not seen the problem with my own eyes. I will hopefully be night riding with him this week again and take a picture to post. He is stoked on the performance so far and I can't wait for my PUSH "appointment" in less than 2 weeks after riding Noble Canyon in San Diego this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe74
    The bushings are the same at each end of an RP. It is just the reducers you are talking about. Those can be switched in about 30 seconds.