mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Post Your Ellsworth Pics

Lets see your Ellsworths....the good the bad and the ugly.

Here is my 1996 Ellsworth Truth. I love this bike. It's been a great ride for many years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Ellsworth Pics-dsc08178.jpg  

The Truth will set you free.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    2010 Epiphany with carbon shock stay. SST frames are going for much lower cost so I upgraded the rear end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Ellsworth Pics-test-2.jpg  

Braugh Bro.

My ellsworth Joker.
    Bought the frame on Craigslist for 260$, Originally thinking it was a pretty good deal. But I found that the shock hardware was all but destroyed, shock was the wrong size, the swingarm had been modified with extra gussets, and a hole had been made in the top of the downtube (so that a shock's piggyback woulndn't hit the frame) In hindsight, probably not the best deal, But I've gotten everything sorted out, and the modifications seem to have been done by someone who knows a thing or two about welding. Time will be the test though. Anyway, here's the specs.

2004 (I think) Ellsworth Joker 17" frame 7inches of travel (I think)
    Fox Float AVA rear shock 7.875
    Manitou Sherman Flick plus 150-110mm Qr fork
    Avid BB7 brakes w/ FR-5 levers, cleansweep rotors
    Sun Rhinolite/Deore XT wheelset
    Older Deore XT octalink hollowtech crankset w/ Raceface 32t ring and MRP G2 sl bb mount chain guide
    Sram X9 short cage RD
    Sram x7 shifter
    Forte Pisgah 2.3 front tire, Forte Tsali 2.2 rear.
    Salsa Shaft 27.2 seatpost
    WTB Silverado saddle
    Forte 100mm stem
    Syncros fixed 27" wide bars
    Sette lock on grips
    Diety compound pedals.

Great bike after I got everything sorted out, relatively light and fast. Only complaint is it has sort of a low BB, and the large hollow swingarm resonates trail chatter pretty loudly.

Sorry for crappy cell phone pic, I'll get a decent image up eventually