Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    65

    Please send pics of your 04/05 Truths

    I am ordering one and having trouble deciding which color to go with. I am torn between the ever intimidating Black Ano or the beautiful Blue Ano.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    65

    Input on the Float R Custom Tuned for the Truth

    Is anyone riding a new Truth with the Fox Float R Custom Tuned? How is it? From what I am hearing this is the best shock to have on the Truth. Is this shock really as sweet as I am hearing. Also if anyone has a pic of the new shock please send it along.
    Thanks

  3. #3
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480

    Idea!

    Quote Originally Posted by soh316
    I am ordering one and having trouble deciding which color to go with. I am torn between the ever intimidating Black Ano or the beautiful Blue Ano.
    Look in the "Show us you Ellsworth" thread on page 2. both blue and black have been posted.
    Nothing to see here.

  4. #4
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    black anodized, dude...

    Quote Originally Posted by soh316
    I am ordering one and having trouble deciding which color to go with. I am torn between the ever intimidating Black Ano or the beautiful Blue Ano.
    it does look evil...
    Last edited by osokolo; 01-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.

  5. #5
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    it does look evil...
    This is NOT a criticism but i used those tyres too then switched reluctantly to some Panaracer Trailblaster's because they didnt have the Fire's in the shop, but they were recomended! Anyway, NOTICABLE difference they are soooo good, softer rubber, when you get to sliding out point, unless ofcourse your going ridiculously fast, theyl slip gradually and wont dissapear under you !!! good ish mud clearence too however they are not really a mud tyre anyway, but lets face it nor are the Fire's
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  6. #6
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    Fire's are my casual trail riding tires

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    This is NOT a criticism but i used those tyres too then switched reluctantly to some Panaracer Trailblaster's because they didnt have the Fire's in the shop, but they were recomended! Anyway, NOTICABLE difference they are soooo good, softer rubber, when you get to sliding out point, unless ofcourse your going ridiculously fast, theyl slip gradually and wont dissapear under you !!! good ish mud clearence too however they are not really a mud tyre anyway, but lets face it nor are the Fire's
    For 24 hours racing or when riding aggressively i use Kenda Nevegal Lite (John Tomac series) in 1.95"... Great, great tires with lots of traction and excellent rolling... If i am ridng only hardpack, I use Hutchinson Python Airlights...

    So i agree with you, Panaracers are cheap enough tires for day to day casual riding but nothing more than that...

  7. #7
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! cool

    So i agree with you, Panaracers are cheap enough tires for day to day casual riding but nothing more than that...[/QUOTE]

    Yep you sure put me in my place, i agree with that too but i didnt know anything about the kind of tyres your talking about know any exelent tyres for a moment hardcore crosscountry, doh i actually thought of the Panaracer cinders or those Michelin ones i cant remember the name of off hand, any better then them or would say one of the ones you mentioned??
    for me it has to be over 2.1 inch though. i am an xc rider but im moving near GlenTress if you know it there are some downhill courses there too so i wanted a stronger bike considerd yours actually.. but for some downhills i thought not!
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  8. #8
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061
    [QUOTE=Krafty]
    Yep you sure put me in my place, [/QUOTE}

    I am sorry if i came accross like that, really didnt mean to... I thought we both agree on what I said... Again, Panaracer is a great tire for it's price, but compared to some other tires it lacks cornering traction, rolling resistance is too high, braking traction is middle of the road etc... Please keep in mind that these are only my personal observations...

    i agree with that too but i didnt know anything about the kind of tyres your talking about
    Kenda Nevegal Lite is the tire designed by John Tomac for Kenda... it is one of the best "combo" tires for casual racers and aggressive XC enthusiasts. It is hard to find it in stores, you really have to do your homework in order to find a store that sells it...

    Hutchinsons are pretty well known and one can find them anywhere, especially Pythons..

    know any exelent tyres for a moment hardcore crosscountry, doh i actually thought of the Panaracer cinders or those Michelin ones i cant remember the name of off hand, any better then them or would say one of the ones you mentioned??
    for me it has to be over 2.1 inch though. i am an xc rider but im moving near GlenTress if you know it there are some downhill courses there too so i wanted a stronger bike considerd yours actually.. but for some downhills i thought not!
    A member of this forum - Shiggy is resident tyre expert. He can probably give you a good idea on what you are looking for...

    Friend of mine is using Specialized Enduro Pro in 2.2 for aggressive trail riding and occassional short downhill... He is very happy with them.

    You are probably looking for something along these lines, not a real downhill tire but rather an oversized XC tire... Correct me if I am wrong...

    Kenda Nevegal comes in 2.2 or 2.3 size... i am considering this tire for my trail riding if i can fit it on my Truth. It is an excellent tire with sticky compound and lots of traction. It is good in wet as well...

    Hope this helps...

  9. #9
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! Thanx

    no no dont worry about that no offence taken, tis fine.
    anyway i like being put in my place from time to time its the best way to learn.
    thanx for the info it does help
    couple of queries though, is there like a mid range version of each of them with the same name roughly that i could get mixed up with. whats the exact name to ask around for each of them??
    Is the John Tomac series an exlusive one or were you just saying that Kenda in general is John Tomac's? if it is exclusive can u get that in 2.2 - 2.3 inch ??
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  10. #10
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    John Tomac signature series

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    no no dont worry about that no offence taken, tis fine.
    anyway i like being put in my place from time to time its the best way to learn.
    thanx for the info it does help
    couple of queries though, is there like a mid range version of each of them with the same name roughly that i could get mixed up with. whats the exact name to ask around for each of them??
    Is the John Tomac series an exlusive one or were you just saying that Kenda in general is John Tomac's? if it is exclusive can u get that in 2.2 - 2.3 inch ??
    is just few tires that John Tomac re-designed for Kenda. These tires are still Kenda tires, it just says "John Tomac Signature Series" and in my opinion, they are even better than other Kenda tires...

    Look for Kenda Nevegal - John Tomac Signature Series in 2.35" width... Personally, I think that this is the best tire for what you want to use it for...

    It is hard to say if there is middle of the road version of the same tire. WIth some companies, yes there is, with most companies - no there is not.

    You buy a good model and pay more or you buy less good model and pay a bit less (this applies in 90% of the case - there are tires that are still cheaper but better than more expensive ones)

  11. #11
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job!

    thanx mate i'l look out for it, i guess in the uk itl be even harder to come by though doh,
    might try direct to the manufacturer ask them some stuff too
    also you seem like you know quite a bit im really stuck on what bars to buy 24 inch min 28 max 1/2 ich rise min 1 1/2 max the best i was thinking a little of the monkeylite dh carbon but i prefer alloys for the bars do u have a suggestion even if its ridiculously expensive
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  12. #12
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    there are people on this board

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    thanx mate i'l look out for it, i guess in the uk itl be even harder to come by though doh,
    might try direct to the manufacturer ask them some stuff too
    also you seem like you know quite a bit im really stuck on what bars to buy 24 inch min 28 max 1/2 ich rise min 1 1/2 max the best i was thinking a little of the monkeylite dh carbon but i prefer alloys for the bars do u have a suggestion even if its ridiculously expensive
    that know way more than i know about bikes. i just happened to be by the computer at this time, recovering from the race over the weekend...

    if you are going to be doing XC trail riding and occasionally do some downhills, i suggest you go with Race Face Low Riser XC. It is 25 inches wide, 3/4" rise. That will give you the best from both worlds... enough clearance for tight switch back and some rise for comfort and down hill... i have it on my bike and it is absolutely solid. Keep in mind that i am 205 pounds of bones and meat...

    i havent used any alluminum bar, has always been with carbon fiber... this one seems to be one of the strongest carbon fiber bars and it is still light weight and looks damn sexy...

    monkey lite is also good. i think that 1 1/2 rise is too much for cross country, but that is just my personal feeling...

  13. #13
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! absolutly agree

    i totaly agree with all your saying the reason i wanted the moment aswell as what i said before is because i am the regular xc rider who loves those uphills and eats up singletrack but found my Specialized stumpy with flat 25" bars was too week for Glen tress in terms of the wheels and a couple of other things they broke. Anyway yep im used to flat bars i'd prefer 25" cos thats what im used to dont mind smaller. So you recon i could pull off using EA70 monkeylites xc bars on downhills and small jumps im quite light 73 kg i think thats about 150-60 pounds if i can i wouldnt actually mind the SL's while im at it i heard they are just as strong as the EA70's is that true????? put it this way my main concern is, Taring down a hill small jump comes the bars shatter and i face plant into my stem!!!!
    What do u think EA70, SL's or DH's problem is i know i will jump the bike!!

    ok next lot il have to read tomorow it's 1:10AM hear and i have to get up at 6:00 DOH so good night
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  14. #14
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    i know that most DH riders

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    i totaly agree with all your saying the reason i wanted the moment aswell as what i said before is because i am the regular xc rider who loves those uphills and eats up singletrack but found my Specialized stumpy with flat 25" bars was too week for Glen tress in terms of the wheels and a couple of other things they broke. Anyway yep im used to flat bars i'd prefer 25" cos thats what im used to dont mind smaller. So you recon i could pull off using EA70 monkeylites xc bars on downhills and small jumps im quite light 73 kg i think thats about 150-60 pounds if i can i wouldnt actually mind the SL's while im at it i heard they are just as strong as the EA70's is that true????? put it this way my main concern is, Taring down a hill small jump comes the bars shatter and i face plant into my stem!!!!
    What do u think EA70, SL's or DH's problem is i know i will jump the bike!!

    ok next lot il have to read tomorow it's 1:10AM hear and i have to get up at 6:00 DOH so good night
    dont like carbon fiber handlebars, for the same reason you quoted...

    i would not go into recommending a better handlebar option between the two you suggested as I have no real world experience blasting DH... I'd rather you ask that question in the downhill related forum...

    If you got an Ells Moment, you are not going to be doing hard core down hill, are you? If I was looking for the bar and if i had a Moment, i'd go with Race Face Low Riser XC over any other, even if my rides included occas\sional jumps adn some down hill...

    happy trails

  15. #15
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! hmm

    i take it from your worries about the carbon bars you ment these raceface bars are alloy then??
    i was only aware of there next lowriser carbon bars, thats why i rambled about carbon, all other alloy bars seem big!! iv just looked and one shop on the net says "this product no longer exists!! DOH!!!!!!!!

    is there anything els similar to it???
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  16. #16
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    Race Face Next Low Riser bar

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    i take it from your worries about the carbon bars you ment these raceface bars are alloy then??
    i was only aware of there next lowriser carbon bars, thats why i rambled about carbon, all other alloy bars seem big!! iv just looked and one shop on the net says "this product no longer exists!! DOH!!!!!!!!

    is there anything els similar to it???
    is carbon fiber and i was talking about it when i said i'd use it if i had moment frame to build...

    again, you are not going to be doing hard core down hill with your bike, hence you should be fine with this carbon fiber bar...

    check their web site: www.raceface.com

  17. #17
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job!

    Oh and i wont be doing harcore downhill courses, if i did experiment (which i might) it would be most likely done pretty gently, dont worry am totaly clear on bike uses and there limits!! Mainly hardcore xc and normal xc.
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  18. #18
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! sleepy

    ah i see what ya saying now, youl have to exuse my dopyness due to my total lack of sleep, as you can also see by the way that i have spelt "here" in the final message of last night (hear)
    ok so you recon i should try the SL's or the EA 70 sry bigger fan of Easton unless you could tell me without a doubt the next ones are stronger = better and why
    and are the SL's as strong as the EA70's just smaller??
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  19. #19
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,692
    I have seen the RF carbon risers in person. They feature some kind of reinforcement around the clamping area.

    The Kenda Blue Grooves and Nevegals are great tyres. I have the Kenda Tomac seies Blue Grooves in 2.1 and I totally love them. They have got to be the best, and most flawless tyre I have mounted on my truth. Stunningly grippy on loose single track, yet still maintain great traction in the wet slop (Beter than most!)

    A few pics of my Truth... I have put a Thompson post on, some Blue Grooves, and SRAM Cassette too. I got rid of the eggbeater, becuase whilst they were light and great looking, they were the shittest performing pedal I owned.







    Sadly, I have not been riding as much as I could recently because of my Law degree but have headed out for short spins on my Truth and regular night rides each wednesday and just love how the bike handles. It inspires confidence, and gobbles up technical single track, stairs (up and down).....
    Trev!

  20. #20
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    ah i see what ya saying now, youl have to exuse my dopyness due to my total lack of sleep, as you can also see by the way that i have spelt "here" in the final message of last night (hear)
    ok so you recon i should try the SL's or the EA 70 sry bigger fan of Easton unless you could tell me without a doubt the next ones are stronger = better and why
    and are the SL's as strong as the EA70's just smaller??
    I used both Race Face and Easton carbon fiber low riser bars and Race Face flexes less than Easton, no doubt about it... As Trevor said, Race Face bar has titanium mesh built in to the carbon body in the stem clamp area for reinforcement...

    on the bike, Race Face feels stronger than Easton. Yes, I do think it is stronger after few months of riding it on my bike compared to last season bar - Easton Monkey Lite...

  21. #21
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! That helps cheers

    i think iv heard all i need to. I was wondering if that Ti mesh would do the trick, was hoping you would mention it, didnt want to say anything myself though to making sure the comment would be genuine and you summed it up perfectly. thanx mate im sold on the Raceface next carbon lowriser xc. nice weight too. 180g All sounds good hope it works for me as well as it has for you!! heard nothing but good about it too.

    Thanx again, and thanx for everyone elses help too gave me a lot to think about
    Cheers
    Last edited by Krafty; 09-07-2004 at 04:40 PM. Reason: forgot something
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  22. #22
    Time is not a road.
    Reputation: chad1433's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    i think iv heard all i need to. I was wondering if that Ti mesh would do the trick, was hoping you would mention it, didnt want to say anything myself though to making sure the comment would be genuine and you summed it up perfectly. thanx mate im sold on the Raceface next carbon lowriser xc. nice weight too. 180g All sounds good hope it works for me as well as it has for you!! heard nothing but good about it too.

    Thanx again, and thanx for everyone elses help too gave me a lot to think about
    Cheers
    Maxm bars are distributed by Titus and includes their EXOGRID technology, if you're at all intrested in those bars. You could try the Titus website. I don't have any experience on Easton or Race Face bars. Answer also makes some good bars, I've heard.

  23. #23
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    cheers mate

    iv looked into those titus ones etc defenatly considerd them, but heard things with them and the weight etc. could have been a little better on some.
    BUT, heres the thing good old impressionable has been reminded by my local bike shop, that although i did more xc race stuff before. Now with the moment, i would be envolved more endurance race stuff. The Racefacebars great for race but the stiffness would meen less comfort on longer haul's! So i think il go for the monkey bars, lol iv just gone round in a great circle, but learnt a lot from it so thanx anyway
    BTW, does anyone know what the difference is gonna be on the 05 monkeylite's, and when will they be out??
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  24. #24
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    that LBS probably doesnt carry Race Face...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    iv looked into those titus ones etc defenatly considerd them, but heard things with them and the weight etc. could have been a little better on some.
    BUT, heres the thing good old impressionable has been reminded by my local bike shop, that although i did more xc race stuff before. Now with the moment, i would be envolved more endurance race stuff. The Racefacebars great for race but the stiffness would meen less comfort on longer haul's! So i think il go for the monkey bars, lol iv just gone round in a great circle, but learnt a lot from it so thanx anyway
    BTW, does anyone know what the difference is gonna be on the 05 monkeylite's, and when will they be out??
    Hence they are pushing Easton....

    the difference between aluminum and carbon fiber is significant. the difference between two different carbon fiber bars is not that significant.

    i wouldnt go down hilling with Monkey Lite.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    243

    Don't listen to lbs

    That local bike shop doesn't sound very good. I hate it when they push you to buy their stuff in the shop just to clear stock. Get them to get of their ass and get them to order exactly what you want!

  26. #26
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! hmmm

    you always get me thinking i have been told it was due to the ti mesh that the vibrations would reverberate around the bar. How does yours feel? and correct me if im wrong.
    ps. he said it should be find with smaller drop offs and DH's. Also do you know what the diff is going to be on both of those for 05 and when will they be out??
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  27. #27
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! i did suspect it!

    Thats true they do have the monkey and not the RF!!
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  28. #28
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! i did suspect it!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mezzanine
    That local bike shop doesn't sound very good. I hate it when they push you to buy their stuff in the shop just to clear stock. Get them to get of their ass and get them to order exactly what you want!

    They do have a monkey and no RF
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  29. #29
    happy trails!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    168

    Good job! True

    Quote Originally Posted by mezzanine
    That local bike shop doesn't sound very good. I hate it when they push you to buy their stuff in the shop just to clear stock. Get them to get of their ass and get them to order exactly what you want!

    they have monkies but no RF
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GonzoKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    35

    Here's a blue one.

    Kentucky Wildcat Blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. 1st action pics with astrix
    By cmd in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
  2. More Rock Lobster 29 pics...
    By Francis Buxton in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 09:58 AM
  3. WM send more pics please
    By CSPRINGS in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:33 AM
  4. WM send more pics please
    By CSPRINGS in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:32 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •