mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Pic of all black 04 Truth

I just bought this.. probably the look of 05 models to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noctal
    I just bought this.. probably the look of 05 models to come.
    Nice. All you need to complete the stealth look are:

1. 100 mm Minute 2:00
    2. CrossMax XLs instead of the SLs

Laifer

Trail rider and racer
    Have Ellsworth added Hydro lines or am I asking too much to even suggest such an addition...

Great bike too!

Trevor!
    (Pissed not to have hydro line guides)
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I dremelled out the guides. Took about 15 minutes. Its a hassle indeed but ended up ok.

Noc

Trail rider and racer
    I dremelled out the guides. Took about 15 minutes. Its a hassle indeed but ended up ok.

Noc
    I was going to do something like this on the weekend but I got a little scared in doing so. Do you know if it voids the warranty? I assume it does so?

I have been using some Jag Wire things to hold my lines in place, but I think exposure and what not has warn them out or something because they just don't seem to hold my lines anymore.......
    Trev!

Are you talking to me?

It voids the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    I was going to do something like this on the weekend but I got a little scared in doing so. Do you know if it voids the warranty? I assume it does so?

I have been using some Jag Wire things to hold my lines in place, but I think exposure and what not has warn them out or something because they just don't seem to hold my lines anymore.......
    The warranty clearly states that any modifications to the frame not performed by Ellsworth are not covered.
    gfy

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    The warranty clearly states that any modifications to the frame not performed by Ellsworth are not covered.
    Thanks for that.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I would be shocked if Ells were to say that removing 1 or so millimeters per side on part of the inside diameter of the cable guide would cause the frame to prematurely fail.

All I did was make the existing larger diameter constant through the guide.

Noc

rr
    I don't do PC
    I drilled out mine on my 03' and they didn't say a word about it with my recent warranty claim

Are you talking to me?

You are missing my point.

I would be shocked if Ells were to say that removing 1 or so millimeters per side on part of the inside diameter of the cable guide would cause the frame to prematurely fail.

All I did was make the existing larger diameter constant through the guide.

Noc
    Ellsworth's warranty is clear. ANY modifications not performed by Ellsworth are not covered under the terms of the warranty. Perhaps they will ignore it if there is a problem, but it is definitely an out for Ellsworth. I am not trying to upset anyone, but the wording of the warranty is very clear. (At least that part, anyways.)

This is a standard modification clause(sp?) that is used in most warranty terminology. Look closely below. It is there. This is rom the 2004 warranty info, but is was on the pre-2004 warranty also.

I like the first line. "limited warranty" subject to change without notice due to technical or market changes. WTF, eh?
    Again, I am not trying to be abrasive, just helpful.

Limited Warranty and
    Certificate of Authenticity
    Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles limited warranty subject to change without notice due to technical or market changes.
    This limited warranty covers only those Ellsworth bicycle frames purchased directly from Ellsworth or from authorized Ellsworth dealers and distributors. Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc. warrants to the
    original owner, for the usable service life of the frame or the specific modelís warranty duration, which ever comes first, the repair or replacement of frames or frame sub-assemblies due to defects in material and/
    or workmanship according to the following conditions and limitations:
    Two (2) year limited warranty period on all frames.
    Warranty: This non-transferable warranty grants the original owner the right to repair or replacement of the frame with like technology and model without charge within the two year warranty period. This credit
    is towards like product only and has no monetary value. Ellsworth does not guaranty or warrant that it will continue to manufacture or sell the same type of frame that you purchased (exclusions apply, see below)
    This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the bicycle frame will never need maintenance or replacement parts, or cannot be broken. After the two year warranty period has expired, replacement
    and maintenance parts for the service and upkeep of the original frame will be offered to the frame owner on a no-fault exchange pricing basis only, for the replacement of parts surrendered.These parts are not
    available to the retail public, only as replacement parts for existing frames.
    Exclusions:
     All wear items to include bearings, bushings, shocks, derailleur hangers, hardware, and normal wear items or items that do not transfer to new technology replacement frames.
    Warranty excludes shocks or items not manufactured by Ellsworth as these items fall under the warranty of the component manufacturer.
    Modifications, alterations, repairs or any changes not specifically performed by Ellsworth.
     Dents or scratches caused by impact or contact during use.
     Ellsworth Hancrafted Bicycles, Inc. shall in no event be responsible for consequential or special damage outside of repair or replacement of the frame at our soul discretion
     Non-conforming headtube or non-conforming bottom bracket shell after bicycle has been ridden.
     Alignment after 30 days from date of purchase.
    Water bottle bosses after 30 days from date of purchase.
     Labor and transportation charges to Ellsworth are not included. Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc. shall in no event be responsible for consequential or special damages outside of
    repair or replacement at our sole discretion. Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc. will not be liable for loss of bicycle use due to chronological requirements to honor this warranty.
    Proof of Purchase: Proof of purchase is required from an Authorized Ellsworth Dealer (photocopy of sales receipt) and validated warranty registration card must have been mailed to Ellsworth within 30 days of
    purchase, where permitted by applicable law to validate protection under this warranty.
    Voided warranty: The user assumes the risk of any personal injuries, damages to or failure of the bicycle and any other losses incurred if the bicycle is used for racing, bicycle motocross, jumping, stunts or similar
    events. This warranty does not cover personal injuries, damages due to accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, crashes, improper assembly, poor maintenance or improper frame fit.
    Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc.  23672 San Vicente Rd., Suite# 200  Ramona, CA 92065 USA
    (760) 788-7500  Fax: (760) 788-6212  www.EllsworthBikes.com
    Attention New Ellsworth Owner: Fill out and keep for your records:
    Ellsworth Model: _________________________________________ Serial No.: _________________________________ ____
    IMPORTANT! Detach and return this portion to Ellsworth Bicycles with a copy of your receipt to validate warranty
    ORIGINAL OWNER PRODUCT REGISTRATION CARD
    Attention: Must be returned within 30 days of purchase
    gfy