VooDoo user.

Order has been placed.

Now I get to wait for for the next batch to be finished. April (ish) is a long time for my impaitient A$$.

I'm so excited.

I feel like a SISSY with a bag full of D!X.

MTB SOCAL
    Did you end up going for the Rogue? After seeing your thread on using the Rogue as a trail bike, I ordered a bunch of new parts to lighten my Rogue. Hopefully, I can get it to the 35-36 lb ballpark. I also recently ordered a new 08 Moment frame - it should be here in a few days. I can't wait! Good luck on your new bike and build.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    If it is Rogue,you did the right choice,Just finished the first version of trail Rogue,what a confidece builder it is.

VooDoo user.
    I will reveal the decision when the frame is in my hand. 2 factors played a strong part in the decision.

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    I will reveal the decision when the frame is in my hand. 2 factors played a strong part in the decision.

You are making us wait until April to find out what frame you ordered? DOH.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Outcast
    I'll be stopping by your workplace this week to find out what you ordered. No way am I gonna wait months to find out!

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I'll be stopping by your workplace this week to find out what you ordered. No way am I gonna wait months to find out!
    I'll have to swear you to secrecy if you do.

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb
    If it is Rogue,you did the right choice,Just finished the first version of trail Rogue,what a confidece builder it is.
    What kind of parts do you have on your trail Rogue? I've currently trying to lighten up my Rogue from a ski resort pig to a more trail-friendly configuration.
    Kokopelli Racing

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rear shock:222x70mm Manitou Evolver ISX 3
    Fork:140mm 32 Fox Talas RLC
    Cranks:Hussefelt Howitzer 170mm
    BB:Howitzer
    Pedals:Xtr
    Chains:Campagnolo C9
    Cassette:XT
    Shifters:X9 gripshift
    RD:Sram X9 medium cage
    FD:XT
    Headset:Fsa pig dh pro
    Stem:70mm/6 deg Road/Xc
    Bar:Race Face deus xc
    Front wheel:Mavic 819 ust/Sapim cx ray/Dt Swiss fr 440
    Contro lTec Titanium 9mm axle/Fat Albert 2,35 ust
    Rear wheel:Mavic 823 ust/Dt swiss 1,8/2,0/Hope Pro 2 12mm thrubolt/DIY aluaxle/
    Big Jim 2,25 ust
    Seatpost:Thomson 27,3X410mm
    Seat:Selle kit carbon
    Seatclamp:some basic no name product

Weight about:around 15kg?Igot to go to LBS next week to make it sure.

I have fox 36 van/dhx 5,0 coil for another set up( haven`t tried yet) but i really like the way Rogue rides even with the XC fork.Sounds Wierd doesn`t it?Frankenbike? Definately.

VooDoo user.
    DOesn't that 140mm fork make the HA too steep? Guess maybe thats what you were going for but that seems a little too "LITTLE". Pics please.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Pics probaly on end of week.Yes HA steep but not too much for my trailriding.(technical single track,no long decends available

Time is not a road.
    Could the designers of these bikes ever imagined what riders might do with them? 5.5" fork on a 8" travel machine...sheesh!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I really don't think that is fare to make us all wait. It is not our fault it won't be ready until April, don't punish us all. Hope it is the Rogue and I hope you freakin love it, sweet bike, big travel.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

http://blog.cyclng.com/

VooDoo user.
    Wheelset has been ordered. Things are comming together.

Now? Hayes stroker or Hope Mini?

MTB SOCAL
    Wheelset has been ordered. Things are comming together.

Now? Hayes stroker or Hope Mini?

Definitely Hope. Since switching from Hayes and Magura, I've realized how much more feel / modulation I get with the Hope brakes. They are plenty strong as well! I have Mono Minis on my several bikes and love them!
    Kokopelli Racing

VooDoo user.
    Yang. You like the Hopes over the strokers? Good to hear. Seems to be what all talk to say. The strokers are a lot cheaper but I've heard the Hopes are flawless. Worth the extra $$$.

MTB SOCAL
    I've only spent limited ride time with Stokers on a friend's bike. So, I can't give you a full review. But, I've spent a lot of ride time with Hope Mono Minis as well as Mono M4's. The Hopes are awesome. They have a reputation for being a little finicky to set up. But, once you have them dialed, they are amazing. Definitely worth the $$$.
    Kokopelli Racing