mtbr member

Now that I have a Moment....

I love it....awesome...the bike rides and climbs even better than I expected.

I've been riding a hardtail over the past couple years and recently added a 05 Enduro to quench my all mountain needs....it wasn't enough. Then, I decided to trade my 2 bikes for one everything bike.

The Moment turned out to be the best choice!.....in fact on the initial ride I cleared a short technical climb I NEVER clear....yeah for me...but it was all the bike's doing by maintaining traction (better than the Enduro and HT) and converting my input directly to the dirt.

In climbing and descending, the bike is SO much more comfortable to ride also. All in all, it's a great bike and can't wait to ride...all the time now.

Check out the info on the build: Moment setup! data base

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Cool! Great purchase, there will be plenty of smiles per mile for you. Mine leaves me with a huge grin everytime I ride it. You will also find out how much it wants to fly and play! Will be blasting mine after work (2 hrs time!).
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

JDOM for life
    Congratulations on you Ells! You'll love every minute riding it. I know I do!

trail "cleaner"

The disease is known as.....

"Permagrin" and yes the Moment will give you a severe case of it. I got my suspension dialed in yesterday (propedal off and soft spring in the Lyrik fork) and by the time I hit the bottom of the mountain I knew I was sick with this disease. Consider yourself infected....
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    "Permagrin" and yes the Moment will give you a severe case of it. I got my suspension dialed in yesterday (propedal off and soft spring in the Lyrik fork) and by the time I hit the bottom of the mountain I knew I was sick with this disease. Consider yourself infected....

Funny you say that (propedal). In fact mine is off/set to the lowest setting all the time. Sometimes I turn it up maybe 3-4 clicks max on my DHX 5.0 Coil.

Current Shock set-up:
    500 spring
    150 psi in overboost valve
    The boost valve set to lowest setting
    Pro Pedal off/1-click

Is everyone else pretty similar with the same set-up?

KRZ

trail "cleaner"

a little different....

Quote Originally Posted by KRZTACO
    Funny you say that (propedal). In fact mine is off/set to the lowest setting all the time. Sometimes I turn it up maybe 3-4 clicks max on my DHX 5.0 Coil.

Current Shock set-up:
    500 spring
    150 psi in overboost valve
    The boost valve set to lowest setting
    Pro Pedal off/1-click

Is everyone else pretty similar with the same set-up?

KRZ
    550 spring
    110 psi in boost chamber
    Par (bottom out chamber) opened all the way.
    Pro pedal off/ 1- click
    rider weight 170ish
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    550 spring
    110 psi in boost chamber
    Par (bottom out chamber) opened all the way.
    Pro pedal off/ 1- click
    rider weight 170ish

Cool...my rider wieght is 195. so it looks like I'm 20lbs heavier with a lighter spring (500 x 2.35)..but run a higher boost chamber pressure. sweet.

KRZ

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRZTACO
    Cool...my rider wieght is 195. so it looks like I'm 20lbs heavier with a lighter spring (500 x 2.35)..but run a higher boost chamber pressure. sweet.

KRZ
    You might want to try a heavier spring if you can. It'll allow you to dial in the sag better and use less boost pressure to control the suspension action. This will also help prevent some rear end squat when climbing. My local shop carries dozens of springs so I was able to trade out for what I needed. I was at about 195 and I'm pretty sure I was using a 550lb spring.

Praise Bob

setup

I am 195lbs and I run a similar setup on the DHX. I have found that my body weight falls right inbetween spring weights. I dont feel like I get full travel. I talked to Ell's tech support and they reccomended the 550# spring and 125-150 in boost value for my weight/riding style.

Until I get a new spring I ride with this setup:
    600# spring with 0 turns on preload ring
    85lbs in boost
    propedal 1 click
    boost cap (PAN) all the way out
    Last edited by Spartacus Rex; 03-28-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: mistake on spring weight

mtbr member
    I thought so....I just figured...well I'd rather have the spring be too light for me and put more psi into the boost valve and for rides with larger drops/etc I could always turn the bottom out chamber up.

sweet

KRZ