mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New seat stay required on 02 Truth. How much?

I noticed a crack in my chainstay whilst changing the front derailleur cable, which I'm hopeful will be covered by the warranty.

However, when stripping the bike down, the dealer also noticed that the seat stay has a hole worn in it, as though worn through by big a rear tyre. Well, I've only ever run Specialized EnduroPro 2.2"s, which don'trub (though excess mud does rub!)

So, the question is, how much is a new rear seat stay gonna cost me?

And anyone else had this problem?

Rolling
    Did you also check the seat tube for cracks on the rocker bracket? That year was prone to that.

I never heard of the seat stay wearing but if you have a vee brake stay, i can imagine it because there wasn't much clearance on those. If you run discs you should get the disc only stay.

My guess you will pay around $250 to $300 for that stay...but you need to call em.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i paid $350 for a rear-end for a truth 3 years ago.

(and i thought that it was only the 01 truth that had rocker bracket problems, or does lidarman know something that the rest of us don't?)

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by biotruth
    i paid $350 for a rear-end for a truth 3 years ago.

(and i thought that it was only the 01 truth that had rocker bracket problems, or does lidarman know something that the rest of us don't?)
    You're right! My bad....for some reason, I thought it was an '01!

carry one...