Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTB SOCAL

New Pink Hope Mono Mini's for the Epi

I liked the way my Hope brakes felt on my Rogue, Moment and RIP9 so much that I put some pink Hope Mono Mini's on my Epiphany (switched out the Marta SL's). The cables need to be shortened some, but here are a few early pics. Can't wait to try them on the trails.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

I like to ride my bike.
    Those are the most bling per-square inch pictures I have seen.

...........your bike is beautiful. So, so beautiful.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    LOL!

BSI,b
    ling per square inch,how cool is that!

Funny thing is you are absolutly right about this.
    Looks real nice yangpei!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    They look cool! I've now gone back to Hope on all my bikes. Faultless performance in the Alps.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster

BSI - I love it! You, sir, have coined a new term.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Forgiven
    Now, how about a little DPSI. DIRT PER SQUARE INCH. Get that thing Dirty!!!

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    Now, how about a little DPSI. DIRT PER SQUARE INCH. Get that thing Dirty!!!

This bike has been plenty dirty. I just like to clean my bikes after every ride.
    Kokopelli Racing

brainwashed jingoist
    Nice. I wish I had the $$$ for a set of those.

BTW what's going on with your carbon handlebars?? Looks like you have a nice gash/groove cut into them.
    Love is the answer - but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.

Forgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    This bike has been plenty dirty. I just like to clean my bikes after every ride.
    Sweet!

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by man-bites-dog
    what's going on with your carbon handlebars?? Looks like you have a nice gash/groove cut into them.

I checked it out. It's just a superficial scratch in the finish of the handlebar. It doesn't go into the carbon material. But, I'll keep an eye on it - thanks.
    Kokopelli Racing

I like to ride my bike.
    Now that you should (you better have ) have gotten a ride on them (although they may not have broken in yet) what are your impressions of them?

Again, very nice, and I'm happy that I finally created something cool like the term Bling per Square Inch.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

MTB SOCAL
    I love the way the Hope brakes modulate. They have incredible feel at the levers and have plenty of stopping power. I have been running Hope (M4's) on my Rogue, and Hope (Mono Mini's) on my Moment and RIP 9, so I'm definitely sold. I liked them so much that I just upgraded the brakes on my hardtail to Mono Mini's (replacing Marta SL's) as well. They aren't as light as the Marta's, but have more feel / modulation.
    Kokopelli Racing

Godzuki
    Mar 2007
    I was in the market for those exact brakes in pink. If possible, can you post a picture of your entire bike? I want to see how it looks from a distance. I also own an Epi and want to see how the colored rotors match up to the rest of the frame. thx

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    And I thought getting blue Hope rotors would be too much with the blue I9's... I was wrong...
    Looks nice!

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by godzuki26
    I was in the market for those exact brakes in pink. If possible, can you post a picture of your entire bike? I want to see how it looks from a distance. I also own an Epi and want to see how the colored rotors match up to the rest of the frame. thx

How it matches with the rest of the frame will depend on the color of your frame. The Smoke has some white / gray in it, so it actually doesn't look bad with the pink accents. The Hope pink is different than the I9 pink (it's also different than either the 2005 Chris King or 2007 Chris King pink colors). Go figure. Here is another pic.
    Kokopelli Racing

MTB SOCAL
    Blue on blue may look pretty cool. For my Rogue, I have red Hadley hubs, so I added red accents on my Hope brakes. Post a pic of the blue on blue, if you decide to go that route.
    Kokopelli Racing

Godzuki
    Mar 2007
    Very Nice. My epi is pink, so maybe the pink rotors on a pink frame with pewter King hubs will be pink overload. I will probably go with the setup you have on your Rogue. Thanks again.

MTB SOCAL
    Actually, if you have Pewter King hubs / black spokes - the pink Hope rotors will look pretty sharp. The color of the Hope rotors, I think, are closer to the Ellsworth pink than to the Industry 9 pink.
    Kokopelli Racing

******ed or Branded??
    I liked the way my Hope brakes felt on my Rogue, Moment and RIP9 so much that I put some pink Hope Mono Mini's on my Epiphany (switched out the Marta SL's). The cables need to be shortened some, but here are a few early pics. Can't wait to try them on the trails.
    Wow looks great!!

Are you here in the states? If so where did you get them. I thought that they were only gonna make lilke 200 of those and for sale in the UK only??? I read it off thier website!

MTB SOCAL

Monkamoo

I ordered my pink Hopes through Monkamoo.com's ebay store. I believe they also have a regular online store as well www.monkamoo.com. They are in Vermont, but the orders ship directly from Hope's US distributor (I think). I have bought several sets of Hope brakes from them (including 2 pink Mono Mini sets) with quick service. I think the pink Mono Minis were $449/set. You can also call the store - the owner usually answers himself and can answer any questions.
    Kokopelli Racing

mtbr member

Monkamoo!

I ordered my pink Hopes through Monkamoo.com's ebay store. I believe they also have a regular online store as well www.monkamoo.com. They are in Vermont, but the orders ship directly from Hope's US distributor (I think). I have bought several sets of Hope brakes from them (including 2 pink Mono Mini sets) with quick service. I think the pink Mono Minis were $449/set. You can also call the store - the owner usually answers himself and can answer any questions.
    Monkamoo is awesome, very good shop to work with.

I bought my Super Monster from them and they helped me sort out some things.

Highly recommend!

Godzuki
    Mar 2007
    I went ahead and ordered the pink Hope Mono Mini's from Monkamoo. How long did it take to get them? I was emailed by Monkamoo stating that they have Hope USA drop ship directly from Texas.

MTB SOCAL

Pretty quick

I have ordered several sets of Hope brakes through Monkamoo. The most recent orders arrived at my house (California) within about 5-7 days from ordering. Depending on where you live, it may be shorter for you.
    Kokopelli Racing

HIYAH

Monkamoo kicks ass

My monkamoo orders show up next day...I live in texas.
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by On-One
    My monkamoo orders show up next day...I live in texas.

What did you get ordered???? I just ordered about two days ago the Pink Mono's and he said it will take about two weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast