mtbr member
    Jul 2006

New Moment - first pics

Just built up my new moment, here's the first pics. Haven't rode it yet so no feedback. All complete apart from a pair of TALAS 36 forks which are coming next week

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    nice, you in the UK?
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yep, in the Lake District.

MTB SOCAL

Very nice

Your Moment looks sweet! Let us know what you think after a few rides. I have an 08 Moment on order to replace my 06 Moment. I can't wait.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member

Looks Good Sparker

I'd love a Moment for my stable one day!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker3000
    Yep, in the Lake District.
    Thought I recognised some proper stonework

Lovely Moment by the way, you're gonna love it
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Very nice indeed. I like the looks of those carbon Juicys
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

www.cyclng.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    That's one of the sharpest Moments I've ever seen. Simple and clean looking!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wicked son. That thing looks dead serious.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cheers guys. Had a few rides on it now and it definitely didn't dissappoint. I've got an Epiphany as well and the Moment does ride similarly but it's just more rock solid on the downhills. Really confidence inspiring. It's not bad uphill either, there's a technical climb in Grizedale forest which I only clean in about 1 in 3 attempts on the Epiphany and I did it first time on the Moment.

Still haven't got the 160mm forks yet but it rides really sweet with 140's anyway. The DHX air shock is a nightmare though, I think it's probably a great shock when you set it up right but it has so many adjustments: pro pedal, boost valve, rebound and bottom out. Just need to keep twiddling till I find the sweet spot.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker3000
    Just built up my new moment, here's the first pics. Haven't rode it yet so no feedback. All complete apart from a pair of TALAS 36 forks which are coming next week
    what will you do with the other 3 forks?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    You allways need another Fox as sparepart if you want to ride,I know Fox stancion quality hard way
    Pic:http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1789665/

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb
    You allways need another Fox as sparepart if you want to ride,I know Fox stancion quality hard way
    Pic:http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1789665/
    That is just because you did not invert your bike and let the oil saturate the foam ring. It is in the manual.

On that note you do need a backup. For a "freeride" fork it can only withstand one crash. $350 later I will be getting mine back from Fox. A dent in the lowers wore out the uppers now both need to be replaced.

Anyways this is about Sparkers bike. It is a nice ride. I just don't care for Nevegals. They are good in the wet though.
    Team MOJO Wheels.