MountainGoat aka OldGoat

... and if we just ... New Epiphany from Chad@RedBarn

Some of you know Chad at Red Barn as a very good Titus dealer. But you should also now know that he is an Ellsworth dealer. I can highly endorse his professionalism and very fair prices.
    Now take a look at what Santa brought me. This bad boy came it at 26.52 as you see it. And that is with the tubes in the tires. I am going to pull them and put some Stans in the tires. That should drop some weight. I was going to get my first ride in this morning but the skys in OC opened up. Bummer! Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Beautiful bike! I just waiting for your obvious next post about how "this is the best bike I have ever ridden." You are going to love it! Enjoy.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by rockit
    "this is the best bike I have ever ridden."
    From your lips to God's ears
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Looks really sweet. Enjoy!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nice ride, is that the smoke color?

over 50 years of cycling

Cool-blue Rhythm Epi = Big Grin

You're gonna like that ride!

I got my Epi just as heavy rains set in for a chunk of time, so I know THAT frustration.

cooool color you have too.

Now go out and get muddy and get that Big Grin on your face.

I was riding some very steep slick tech stuff today. I still can't believe how well the Epi climbs over obstacles.
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

mtbr member
    Nice, ride it anyway. Dont worry about getting it wet and muddy.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Yep it's a Smoke. Got my first and second ride in today. Still trying to dial it in on the little things, but so far I like it. It feels just a tad lighter in the front than my ML but I can still lower the stem a bit more. This bad boy likes AIR!!!! It just lofts over the jumps. So the first blush is "ALL GOOD". I will keep you posted
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Nice Wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    Some of you know Chad at Red Barn as a very good Titus dealer. But you should also now know that he is an Ellsworth dealer. I can highly endorse his professionalism and very fair prices.
    Now take a look at what Santa brought me. This bad boy came it at 26.52 as you see it. And that is with the tubes in the tires. I am going to pull them and put some Stans in the tires. That should drop some weight. I was going to get my first ride in this morning but the skys in OC opened up. Bummer! Let me know what you think.
    You have a very beautiful bike! i can'y help but notice those nice wheelset. It's like a BREYTON on a BIMMER.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by znarf420
    You have a very beautiful bike! i can'y help but notice those nice wheelset. It's like a BREYTON on a BIMMER.
    Thanks Bro!! The bike looks hot and rides better. Hey, what is a BREYTON?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Bro!! The bike looks hot and rides better. Hey, what is a BREYTON?
    Hi Bro! BREYTON is a brand of MAG WHEELS for BMW. I noticed that you have an X5 there to carry your bike down the trail.

Happy New Year!!!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Cool Thanks! I did'nt know that.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Pachaven, would you mind listing the equipment you used to build your epi? It's a beautiful bike!
    ****Just Ride****

Time is not a road.
    I thought I remembered you Patch...

I'm OUT!

Finally got what you want, huh? I'd be interested in a comparison of the two bikes.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Chad,
    Your memory scares me. Yep its me again. And it only took a year to come full circle. I will put a real side by side comparison within a week so you guys can take a look at the two bikes on the same trails. And thanks Gamma for the kind words, I will post soon.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

aje
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey, I like the bike rack/tray....can point me in the right direction on where to get it ?

Cheers,
    A

ps...Love the bike too....I myself only just got an Epi 3 months ago

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by aje
    Hey, I like the bike rack/tray....can point me in the right direction on where to get it ?

Cheers,
    A

ps...Love the bike too....I myself only just got an Epi 3 months ago
    Thanks aje,
    I love this bike. The bike rack is about two years old and was made by Sports Works. I think they sold to Yakima. http://www.yakima.com/Product.aspx?id=29 This is by far the best hitch mount rack I have used and owned. I was at Performance the other night and they have some old racks that they are trying to clear out. They might not be in the book or on the internet, but I was in the store and they have them.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Thanks aje,
    I love this bike. The bike rack is about two years old and was made by Sports Works. I think they sold to Yakima. http://www.yakima.com/Product.aspx?id=29 This is by far the best hitch mount rack I have used and owned. I was at Performance the other night and they have some old racks that they are trying to clear out. They might not be in the book or on the internet, but I was in the store and they have them.
    aje, My bad! It is not Yakima that makes the Sports Works racks, it is thule http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/prod...t_id=8&sku=916
    Sorry for the brain fart.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    After seeing the pic's of your bike I'm really pissed off

It looks awesome and I love the colour - it's head and shoulders above the other Epi colours.

I managed to talk myself out of buying an Epi last year as I could'nt justify it along with my Truth and Moment. As I hardly use my Truth it might make sense to sell it along with my Moment and buy an Epi which probably suits my riding style better.

Decisions, decisions decisions

Ps Pachaven... could you post details of your build, cheers.

over 50 years of cycling

Cool-blue Rhythm choices

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbydosser
    After seeing the pic's of your bike I'm really pissed off

It looks awesome and I love the colour - it's head and shoulders above the other Epi colours.
    The smoke is awesome, but I am genuinely happy with MY my choice of the Nebula Blue over the smoke. Just be happy we have SOME options. When I bought my Klein Pulse there was no option, just NEON RED for that model. Not even a good paint job at that, if you looked at it hard, the paint would flake off. It makes a nice visible road bike though.

Now that I think of it, I am esctatic over my anodized nebula blue finish on my Epi!
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Trail
    The smoke is awesome, but I am genuinely happy with MY my choice of the Nebula Blue over the smoke. Just be happy we have SOME options. When I bought my Klein Pulse there was no option, just NEON RED for that model. Not even a good paint job at that, if you looked at it hard, the paint would flake off. It makes a nice visible road bike though.

Now that I think of it, I am esctatic over my anodized nebula blue finish on my Epi!
    TT

I wasn't having a dig at the other Epi colours I just really like the smoke. I like black frames anyway and the smoke fits in with this being slightly cooler and more interesting than plain black.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Thanks for the kind words. The bike does look hot!!! I am in the process of doing a write up on the Epi -v- MotoLite and I will put the build spec in the post. I hope to get it out tomorrow.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Ti is addictive
    That's great Pachaven.......It would be nice to see the review of both bikes from someone who has and rides both........I almost pulled the trigger for the epiphany to, but Chad gave me an offer on my motolite I couldn't refuse.....again as in the other board///awesome build.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

aje
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    aje, My bad! It is not Yakima that makes the Sports Works racks, it is thule http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/prod...t_id=8&sku=916
    Sorry for the brain fart.
    Super. I'm in Malaysia, hence I will check out what I can buy around here. I've had a bad experience from Thule's office in Malaysia, that's why I'm trying to see if I can source from someone else.

Thule - Can be pronounced Tew Lei.....In chinse means F#$k You....which was the attitude that the guys here had.

Thanks for the info.

A