Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New Enlightenment 29

HI,

What can you say about the new Enlightenment 29? For me, It is very cool! Nice swooping top tube

Regards,
    Charles
    2008 Epiphany
    2008 Moment
    2007 Motolite
    2006 Anthem
    2005 Hard Rock Sport

mtbr member
    My god that is one ugly bike! And the over the top ostentatious graphics and logo's dont' help.

mtbr member
    Have to agree, what's doing with that- worse than ugly- yuko. Surely they can come up with something better than naked carbon and bring back the old english I say. No man wants a bike with those stupid flowers on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yes, that is also what I don't like, those decals.. just bring the originals..
    2008 Epiphany
    2008 Moment
    2007 Motolite
    2006 Anthem
    2005 Hard Rock Sport

Ologist
    When I was getting my Epiphany replacement I asked for the original head badge and mentioned that many people I talked with loved the old style and not the new stuff. They said they had been getting feedback and pressure to change up logos and designs. Now that they had done so everyone was complaining about how much they didn't like the new stuff and liked the old! I guess they can't win....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sure is ugly. Just don't get it at all. Horrible carbon weave. Horrible curvy mess. Horrible graphics.
    Nothing going for it at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsynk
    Sure is ugly. Just don't get it at all. Horrible carbon weave. Horrible curvy mess. Horrible graphics.
    Nothing going for it at all.

maybe it rides nice. there's always that to consider

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Carefull q bert you nearly said something nice about an ellsworth there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Actually having never riden a wagon wheeler I could only comment on the appearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsynk
    Carefull q bert you nearly said something nice about an ellsworth there.
    not really, i was just pointing out that you seem to put appearance first. i agree it's ugly. the seatstay jusction at the seatpost toptube connection looks particularily hideous. it's still funny how ells has gone "green" carbon though

mtbr member
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

Silver bullet
    It's gotta be fun stringing the cables through the top tube

gnuH
    Has my vote for the ugliest POS of 2009.

The XS comes in pink.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    not really, i was just pointing out that you seem to put appearance first. i agree it's ugly. the seatstay jusction at the seatpost toptube connection looks particularily hideous. it's still funny how ells has gone "green" carbon though
    Hideous is a good word to describe what is going on at that seat stay junction. Really bad. Why would anyone buy this over, say, a GF Superfly or this?

JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Great, now my eyes hurt! It appears to have been cut and pasted together.

I guess if it rides fantastic I'd throw a leg over it, because when riding it I wouldn't be looking at it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Hideous is a good word to describe what is going on at that seat stay junction. Really bad. Why would anyone buy this over, say, a GF Superfly or this?
    I was waiting for someone to post a pic of this. The Niner Air 9 Carbon is the sweetest hardtail frame I've ever laid eyes on, especially in the other color....Tang I believe. Can be used with threaded, press in, or esentric bb's. And you can get a matching rigid carbon fork if you want to run it rigid ss. SWEET!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

mtbr member
    i agree the niner is beautiful, i just am a little scared of them as they have had a lot of breakage problems on a few of their other bikes. the fork scares me the most as it has a max weight of 180 pounds or something. but they sure are purty and they definately have the wagon wheel geometry sorted out. got to give them some credit. they have beeen flying the 29er flag exclusively from the get go. they definately have the passion and the bikes look sweet

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    That is one ugly bike....

mtbr member
    Did anyone notice that the rear drop outs are bolted on? You could set the bike up as a belt drive SS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I agree, this bike is awesome! Im not even into 29er hardtails. Just the belt option kicks ass. It doesn look like anything else (let the crap talking start). Im sick of seeing the same regurgitated style on every bike. At least Ells has the cajones to be different. Say what you want, but im all for internal cables. Helps to keep all the crap out of your lines. How many time do you need to do it, once. Quit complaining.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSDgreen
    I agree, this bike is awesome! Im not even into 29er hardtails. Just the belt option kicks ass. It doesn look like anything else (let the crap talking start). Im sick of seeing the same regurgitated style on every bike. At least Ells has the cajones to be different. Say what you want, but im all for internal cables. Helps to keep all the crap out of your lines. How many time do you need to do it, once. Quit complaining.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree.

VooDoo user.
    I used to think Carbon had a place in the MTB world till I started seeing cracks and damage on some bikes.

My new perception is that Carbon is for ROAD BIKES and has no place in the MTB world.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is Ells phasing out of US-manufacturing?? Seems like a lot of their new stuff is imported. Hideous bike IMO.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I like it, reminds me of my MC Moho.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    Is Ells phasing out of US-manufacturing?? Seems like a lot of their new stuff is imported. Hideous bike IMO.
    Nope: We just re-vamped most of the US made XC/trail bikes that are made here. (Evolve,Epiphany, Truth, Moment)

Because the overseas carbon bikes were at the front of the booth, they got most of the attention.

Good things in the works for the next year on the US manufacturing side
    Zen Bicycle Fabrication, Portland, Or.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast