Feb 2006
    looks like a revamped Moment

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by acelp11
    looks like a revamped Moment
    Looking good...
    Hydrate or Die Trying

mtbr member
    That is just splendid! Can't wait till SOC.

Can't quite guess how the top of the top tube looks like but the down tube is really nice.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

locked - time out
    Friggin sweet. Anyone care to speculate why they mounted the rockers to the inside of the seatstay? Structural integrity? To be different?
    How about tire clearance? Travel? Weight?

I'm diggin the smooth lines and gently arching TT. Down tube is real nice looking.

Those who skibike, know..
    Wow, that shock looks stiff...
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Like it, may have to upgrade my 05 Moment....
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner

Forgiven
    Nice!!!!!

Color options?? Full Specs?? I'd be happy to Demo one (for a season) and do a write up for the MTBR Ellsworth forum..

It'll be a through write up I swear..

mtbr member

Looking Good

I'd love another Ellsworth one day. Dam this obsession of mine with bikes is going to bankrupt me! Better get to work.

MTB SOCAL
    Very cool. I'm not sure I like the upward-curving top tube (kinda reminds me of the Nomad, which I think is really ugly). Other than that, it looks nice.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Looks like the rear travel has been increased also

mtbr member
    I dont think it looks anything like the nomad. This is a bit more refined with the curves and I really think it is so MUCH better than previous models in that regards. Still needs more refinement and it would be good to have the parallel links looking more original and refined as well as the shock mount also refined to be a bit more aesthetically treated, functionally of course.

Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    Very cool. I'm not sure I like the upward-curving top tube (kinda reminds me of the Nomad, which I think is really ugly). Other than that, it looks nice.
    Last edited by Sim2u; 04-17-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Rolling
    Hopefully that top tube curvature is a result of spreading out some sort of stress, maybe from the fork. Otherwise, it's a waste of effort to purposely bend a tube just for some odd look.

I surprised some calculus of variations guru hasn't modeled the perfect bike triangle shape. Although the triangle "truss" shape seems ideal, it's probably not due to the reality of tube diameters, wall thicknesses, and the forces on the bike.

mtbr member
    Looks more like a Trek Remedy than a Nomad.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    yuck. i'll stick w/ my moment. the color is HORRIBLE.
    kokopelli racing

Kiwi that Flew

Leaf spring

I like the shock. Is it a leaf spring??

Steeeeeeve PERRY!

Bending of TT

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Hopefully that top tube curvature is a result of spreading out some sort of stress, maybe from the fork. Otherwise, it's a waste of effort to purposely bend a tube just for some odd look.

The reason they bend the TT like that is to absorb stress from coming down from a jump, huck, etc... By bending the TT, when the shock is compressed in the back it propels the bike forward and eliminates strain as you said.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Here it is !
    The final version

http://www.pro-m.com/WorldNews.ctr?id_art=363

Ciao,

mtbr member
    OH THAT is sexy...and well...damn that is sexy!!!! Seriously nice lines, but my original opinion still stands though. But darn that is pretty good. I would say that at this point in time, that bike is the only Ellsworth that I would consider buying...sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by pres
    Here it is !
    The final version

http://www.pro-m.com/WorldNews.ctr?id_art=363

Ciao,

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2u
    OH THAT is sexy...and well...damn that is sexy!!!! Seriously nice lines, but my original opinion still stands though. But darn that is pretty good. I would say that at this point in time, that bike is the only Ellsworth that I would consider buying...sweet.
    SEXY that you can't immagine ... until you will touch the front end tubes

Ciao,

Rolling
    Anyone know the retail price of this beauty?

~~~
    Nice! The curves look much more subtle on the comlete bike vs. the naked frame.

Looks like a weight weenie built this one up. Even went with a carbon seatpost and an X2 stem.

mtbr member

Very Nice Indeed

She sure would look good next to my Epiphany

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    So who has picks of the bike from the Sea Otter Ellsworth booth?

JDOM for life
    you guys are like the CIA or MI6! amazing intel! i think i found my next bike

locked - time out
    Anyone know the retail price of this beauty?
    Priceless.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I would love an intergrated HSet on it and make it more like a streamlined butterfly lol. And still refine that rear linkage with a few more curves and with some neg/ space applied to it - cut outs. That whole contrast of curves Vs straight line cut-outs with a bit of CF functional beauty shaffed in there for added bling/ function.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Looks awesome
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner

locked - time out
    How much does she weigh Brookline??

mtbr member
    wow - that is an amazing frame...must...resist...urge...too sell my Epi.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am not sure how much the puppy weighs in at - I grabbed the pictues from a european site - couldn't read the chicken scratches. I am guessing around 30-33lbs? the typical weight of a AM-FR bike would be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hmmm, perhaps I need to email Tony and ask for a trade-in discount on my 05 Moment

I can give that beast a good work out in the French/Italian/Swiss alps this year

Dave Turner

Steeeeeeve PERRY!
    Shoooooot Dang. That is one fancy frame.

Mtb & Bassoon player
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    How much does she weigh Brookline??

From the web site of the italian Ells dealer: http://www.pro-m.com/WorldNews.ctr?id_art=363

Wheigt: KG 13,06 (28,8 us pounds)

My Idea: the most beautyfull Ellsworth Frame ever!
    Last edited by Palisworth; 04-21-2008 at 02:58 AM.

rider on the storm
    Jul 2007
    Sweet. The thing I really like about it is the extra tire clearance on the rear seat stay.

Anyone know whether the rear seat stay will be / is compatible / swap-in-able on my 2007 / 2008 Moment?

mm22
    In love with the up as much as the down...

Rolling
    I would love an intergrated HSet on it and make it more like a streamlined butterfly lol. And still refine that rear linkage with a few more curves and with some neg/ space applied to it - cut outs. That whole contrast of curves Vs straight line cut-outs with a bit of CF functional beauty shaffed in there for added bling/ function.
    ????

Integrated headsets are so limiting and useless unless you are 4'8" tall.

Quote Originally Posted by mmatador22
    Sweet. The thing I really like about it is the extra tire clearance on the rear seat stay.

Anyone know whether the rear seat stay will be / is compatible / swap-in-able on my 2007 / 2008 Moment?

mm22
    Of course they won't be. For one, the rocker has the reverse mounting--you would need a new rocker too. Is whether the new rocker will fit on the bike what you are really asking?

mtbr member
    I repsect your POV...but thats all it is.

????

Integrated headsets are so limiting and useless unless you are 4'8" tall.

Of course they won't be. For one, the rocker has the reverse mounting--you would need a new rocker too. Is whether the new rocker will fit on the bike what you are really asking?

Rolling
    I repsect your POV...but thats all it is.
    Seems my POV reflects the norm. But feel free to listen to the voices in your head instead.

Only the wacked out XC folks go for the integrated headset. IE maybe some, but few, truth riders....and it's not even happening there either.

Not the norm for the moment. If anything, you would think Tony would do a 1.5" headset.

You are in the wrong club. Iintegrated headsets are for race wheenies.

rider on the storm
    Jul 2007

ahh yes

????
    Ya got me. Let me rephrase. Anyone happen to know if the new rear triangle assembly (rocker, seat stay, asym chain stays) will fit a Rev2 Moment? Just curious. I'd love to have the option of running a bigger tire set front & rear (2.5s) w/ no clearance issues. (Not sure it is possible to run 2.5s w/out clearance issues on the Rev2 Moment.)
    In love with the up as much as the down...

mtbr member
    Why is it that when people think that a NORM is always what they have been TOLD is a NORM...always correct.

I also never insulted you so please be cautious how you word your frivolous elastic musings please.

But as I mentioned previously son, believe what POV you desire. I am not against the Chris king saviour of IHSets...It is just my pref and I believe them to be a better design rather than the dated external version. But hey, I am no engineer either.

Only XC.......

Race weenies....

Tony.....

But feel free to listen to the voices in your head instead.......... (actually they were telling me your one of those chaps who can debate about as good Hilarious Clitton...I bet you support her too).

My gosh, just listen to your sweeping statements...the swoosh noise going right through lol.

But who am I to debate a STANDARD right...? not that that has ever been done before, wow...

Seems my POV reflects the norm. But feel free to listen to the voices in your head instead.

Only the wacked out XC folks go for the integrated headset. IE maybe some, but few, truth riders....and it's not even happening there either.

Not the norm for the moment. If anything, you would think Tony would do a 1.5" headset.

You are in the wrong club. Iintegrated headsets are for race wheenies.

Rolling
    Why is it that when people think that a NORM is always what they have been TOLD is a NORM...always correct
    So you think the Engineers at Chris King are just full of marketing hype when they print this?

http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_he...explain_2.html

http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_he...explain_4.html

I am so glad Tony (Ellsworth) never tried the Integrated Headset and hope he stays away.

If you want the look, go get a zero stack headset. But beware,....

http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_he...explain_5.html

It is just my pref and I believe them to be a better design rather than the dated external version....

But hey, I am no engineer either.
    Yep. Explains it all.

Those damn engineers at king don't know anything.
    Last edited by lidarman; 04-22-2008 at 01:34 PM.

HIYAH
    Integrated headsets suck.... case closed. They creak and ruin frames and limit choices... In fact the only thing they accomplish is a lower stack height, which in turn limits your fork choices.

BTW-I am an engineer and am haveing a far superior intelect. Back away slowly, you...or me will shoot you with mind rays....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

mtbr member
    [/quote][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by On-One
    <O></O>
    BTW-I am an engineer and am haveing a far superior intelect. Back away slowly, you...or me will shoot you with mind rays....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ha ha ha, your a funny chap. I was almost laughing there lol. But hey, thats so great...you have a far superior intellect - "sure you do!". Might try using that engineering intellect to put your froth through the word spelling blender first though.

I actually work freelance between 4 main companies globally, 1 of which is within the bike world and I do work for them in an ID capacity. Most of my mates also work as either ID designers, designers and engineers too. Actually one mate works for your American company called "Axel Bears" I think its called, making bows of various descriptions and other related stuff, I had a christmas gift which was their new line - VERY nice stuff. Another works for Shimano here in Japan as well as others for and Nissan. I myself currently am doing projects here in Japan within the auto industry, which is related to both Nissan, Honda and somewhat Toyota in this regard and although I do not claim engineering greatness as your self, I know enough to state that some of what you mention may be true, but a lot of it is BS, especially when compared to modern bikes and designs.

Now...again, let me state it for the base minded so that when my 2 or more syllables are connected into a partial sentence, enough to be understood, and that when the verb is conjugated, you do not TWIST my VERY basic meaning. OK, are you ready: the external HS is not my pref, but I do have CK's HS and like them VERY much! Although, it is just not my pref. OK, was that simple enough for you.

Now, you can disagree as much as you think you need to, to sound as inteelllektwal as you like, but again, that is your pref....so, I am happy for you. Happy happy joy joy feelings to the world and all that sh!t...
    Now go ride your bike as though you know how..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ha ha ha, funny stuff, really...especially when your buddy is quoting from CK's 2002 website.

Wow, something wrong...too many smilies...???? Bit of a compewta erra theh.
    Last edited by Sim2u; 04-23-2008 at 08:38 AM.

mtbr member

Travel

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklineDr
    here it is
    Hi! Just want to ask if this 2009 has increased its rear travel.

Thanks!

HIYAH
    umm...yah...it was a joke. Could give a crap what headset you put on your bike, and I am sure you are an incredible engineer what with working for all those global pop fizzes...just know that my mind rays are warming up. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<O></O>
    <O> </O>
    Ha ha ha, your a funny chap. I was almost laughing there lol. But hey, thats so great...you have a far superior intellect - "sure you do!". Might try using that engineering intellect to put your froth through the word spelling blender first though.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    I actually work freelance between 4 main companies globally, 1 of which is within the bike world and I do work for them in an ID capacity. Most of my mates also work as either ID designers, designers and engineers too. Actually one mate works for your American company called "Axel Bears" I think its called, making bows of various descriptions and other related stuff, I had a christmas gift which was their new line - VERY nice stuff. Another works for Shimano here in Japan as well as others for and Nissan. I myself currently am doing projects here in Japan within the auto industry, which is related to both Nissan, Honda and somewhat Toyota in this regard and although I do not claim engineering greatness as your self, I know enough to state that some of what you mention may be true, but a lot of it is BS, especially when compared to modern bikes and designs.
    <O></O>
    Now...again, let me state it for the base minded so that when my 2 or more syllables are connected into a partial sentence, enough to be understood, and that when the verb is conjugated, you do not TWIST my VERY basic meaning. OK, are you ready: the external HS is not my pref, but I do have CK's HS and like them VERY much! Although, it is just not my pref. OK, was that simple enough for you.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Now, you can disagree as much as you think you need to, to sound as inteelllektwal as you like, but again, that is your pref....so, I am happy for you. Happy happy joy joy feelings to the world and all that sh!t...
    Now go ride your bike as though you know how..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ha ha ha, funny stuff, really.

mtbr member
    joke...yes of course!!!!

HIYAH
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mtbr member
    Omg...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Well I like the look of the new Moment

The headset thing is getting boring now

Dave Turner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast