Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004

Need a favor from an Isis owner, please

I just sent my wife's '00 Isis off for a new paint job, and now find that I need some measurements for the new headbadge I'm having made for her bike. Specifically, I need the headtube height, and the outer diameter of the headtube. Hers is a medium (17" or 18"), in case the HT height varies between frame sizes. Anyone willing to grab those measurements for me when you get home this evening? I'd be grateful, and would happily buy you a beer if we ever meet up. Thanks,
    - Joe

Time is not a road.
    The HT length is 4.75" on all sizes. I'll check on the diameter of my wife's bike tonight for you.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Fantastic! Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    The HT length is 4.75" on all sizes. I'll check on the diameter of my wife's bike tonight for you.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Still hoping to get the HT OD. Anyone? Thx,
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    I just sent my wife's '00 Isis off for a new paint job, and now find that I need some measurements for the new headbadge I'm having made for her bike. Specifically, I need the headtube height, and the outer diameter of the headtube. Hers is a medium (17" or 18"), in case the HT height varies between frame sizes. Anyone willing to grab those measurements for me when you get home this evening? I'd be grateful, and would happily buy you a beer if we ever meet up. Thanks,
    - Joe

Rolling
    That is so sweet of you Joe to do this for Donna!

I thought maybe you were going to do a J.R.- PBR custom though?

Time is not a road.
    Sorry, Joe, I forgot about you...well, I spent two days fighting with the wife, so I forgot about everything. Definitely this weekend. I hope that doesn't hold you up too long.

edit: I had my wife attempt this as she's at home...the best I could get out of her is that the HT badge is 2.5" l X 2" w. She doesn't get all that fancy stuff about diameter and circumference (she says 5.5"...which I know is wrong!).
    Last edited by chad1433; 01-19-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Hey, I'm the one who mailed off the frame w/o measuring it, so no worries. If you can get to it this weekend, that'd be great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Sorry, Joe, I forgot about you...well, I spent two days fighting with the wife, so I forgot about everything. Definitely this weekend. I hope that doesn't hold you up too long.

edit: I had my wife attempt this as she's at home...the best I could get out of her is that the HT badge is 2.5" l X 2" w. She doesn't get all that fancy stuff about diameter and circumference (she says 5.5"...which I know is wrong!).

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

I get

A diameter of 1.627. Which is probably 1.625 with paint. Jim

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    I owe you a beer! Thanks very much. I'll try and remember to post a pic here in the Ells board once the bike is back and I get it built. Have a great weekend,
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2k
    A diameter of 1.627. Which is probably 1.625 with paint. Jim