mtbr member
    Dec 2005

My Truth then... and now

From Vees to Discs, i somehow managed to drop the weight?! the new BB7 mech discs, CK ISOs and stans olympic rims, actually beat my Vees with AC hubs. i'm stoked..

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice one, enjoy!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Red Cables

Where did you get the red cables? They look good with the black frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    wow! give more info

i switched mine from xmax/xtr vees to king/f219/bb7 and went from 25.2 lbs to 29.2 lbs.

an extra 600g for the brakes, 500g for the wheels, and 750g or so for bigger tires and tubes.

how did you drop weight? did you have really heavy vee wheels and brakes? lighter tires on the new setup?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I think it's the water bottle

Nice red accents, but I'd have to lose the SID even if it added weight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    those are alligator i-links. Lighter than conventional housing, i think. wasn't looking to drop weight in that department, just liked the 'bling'. Pretty, light and kinda expensive

Well i originally had AC hubs with stan's 355 rims, and Avid Ti V-brakes which i thought was a pretty light combi. but now i'm running CK isos, stan's 347 rims and stock bb7 mechs with rotors. oh.. i guess the new DT alloy nipples and new tires saved some weight. i know i know, brass nipples are better, but hey how could i resist those eye candy? i guess on top of that, the other components helped shave more weight. But honestly when i rebuilt this bike i was prepared for a heavier bike, but lo & behold, it dropped 500g?!

ha gotta agree the SID seems off, but i ride light xc so it's always 80mm forks for me. guess the new SID with larger stanchions will look better. or a reba will do fine too