mtbr member
    Nov 2006

My new 2008 Epiphany is built.....

Got this put together about 2 weeks ago and just had it tuned up. Had to get a few creaks out here and there as it is breaking in. This bike has a stiffer rear end than my 06 Epi and for me the Large size is more balanced than the Medium I had before.

2008 Epiphany, Nebula Blue, Large
    Front Suspension Fork: PUSHED Fox TALAS RLC 2007
    Brake: Formula ORO K24 (7" front - 6" rear)
    Cassettes: SRAM PG-980 Cassette 11/34
    Cranks: Truvativ Stylo (with RaceFace BashRing)
    Front Derailleurs: XT
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Handlebars: Titec Pluto Carbon Low Riser
    Headset: Chris King
    Pedals: Shimano M540 Pedals
    Rear Derailleurs: SRAM X0 Mid Cage
    Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23 2008
    Saddles: WTB Rocket V Ti
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Shifter: SRAM X9 Trigger
    Stems: Thomson X4 90'
    Rims: Mavic XM 819 UST
    Hubs: Hope PRO II
    Tires - WTB Weirwolfs 2.1
    Seatpost Clamp: Hope QR
    Shifter Cables: NOKON in Blue
    Skewers: Hope Skewer Set

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sweet! These Nebula Blue frames look great with all the blue bling from Fox, CK, Hope, etc. Enjoy

JDOM for life
    c'est fabuleux!! c'est fantastique!!!

mtbr member

Blue RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jalea
    Got this put together about 2 weeks ago and just had it tuned up. Had to get a few creaks out here and there as it is breaking in. This bike has a stiffer rear end than my 06 Epi and for me the Large size is more balanced than the Medium I had before.

2008 Epiphany, Nebula Blue, Large
    Front Suspension Fork: PUSHED Fox TALAS RLC 2007
    Brake: Formula ORO K24 (7" front - 6" rear)
    Cassettes: SRAM PG-980 Cassette 11/34
    Cranks: Truvativ Stylo (with RaceFace BashRing)
    Front Derailleurs: XT
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Handlebars: Titec Pluto Carbon Low Riser
    Headset: Chris King
    Pedals: Shimano M540 Pedals
    Rear Derailleurs: SRAM X0 Mid Cage
    Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23 2008
    Saddles: WTB Rocket V Ti
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Shifter: SRAM X9 Trigger
    Stems: Thomson X4 90'
    Rims: Mavic XM 819 UST
    Hubs: Hope PRO II
    Tires - WTB Weirwolfs 2.1
    Seatpost Clamp: Hope QR
    Shifter Cables: NOKON in Blue
    Skewers: Hope Skewer Set
    Very Nice Blue Epi Jalea. Do you have a closer shot of your HOPE Pro-II Hubs?

Thinking of getting myself a pair but have no idea how the Blue looks like as compared to the Blue of the Kings.

Thanks!

Ride Safe!!!
    Last edited by TNT-Spot; 01-22-2008 at 05:06 AM.

mtbr member

Great Bike

That is one super ride- I agree the King stuff looks awesome on the nebula blue and i like the blue cable housing!

Forgiven
    Hey Jalea nice ride! Curious, how tall are you, and what's your inseam? Our bikes are set up very similar and am considering a shorter stem. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    This bike has a stiffer rear end than my 06 Epi
    What makes the 08 stiffer than the 06?

Just curious because I ride an 06 and haven't heard of any major mods that would stiffen up the bike.

I'm living the dream!
    Wow Jose! I thought your old Epi was nice. This one is beautiful!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    Hey Jalea nice ride! Curious, how tall are you, and what's your inseam? Our bikes are set up very similar and am considering a shorter stem. Thanks.
    I am 5' 11.5" Ft tall. My inseam measured with a book simulating the pressure caused by a cycling seat while riding is: 33 inches.

I noticed that the seat stays on my Large EPI are thicker than the ones on my Med. 06 frame. This could be due to sizing differences, but I don't know if Ellsworth produces different triangles for each size. The chainstays also seem a little beefier, but it is really hard to tell.

mtbr member
    You forgot blue tires and a blue saddle.

I'm jealous, great bike.

-

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

NICE bike man!

Just got my epi a couple of months ago, it's built a bit heavier but still rides great.

MolarM
    Jan 2006
    Was size the reason for getting a new one? Just curious...
    MolarM

mtbr member
    weight?

Forgiven
    I am 5' 11.5" Ft tall. My inseam measured with a book simulating the pressure caused by a cycling seat while riding is: 33 inches.

I noticed that the seat stays on my Large EPI are thicker than the ones on my Med. 06 frame. This could be due to sizing differences, but I don't know if Ellsworth produces different triangles for each size. The chainstays also seem a little beefier, but it is really hard to tell.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RACERX70
    What makes the 08 stiffer than the 06?

Just curious because I ride an 06 and haven't heard of any major mods that would stiffen up the bike.
    I noticed that compared to my 06 med. Epi the seatstays are thicker on the 08 Epi. It could be a difference between M and L sizes, but nevertheless it is thicker.

Perhaps Ellsworth has been listening as they also include a 3rd tab on the top tube to let you tie-wrap your brake hose and the left chainstay has a bend in the middle (perhaps to help ease cranks that bend inwards from hitting the chainstay on the non-drive side). My 06 has a paint nick in that exact area and it's chainstay is straight.

When I get my Medium back from Ellsworth (I will do some measurements)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Jalea,
    That looks very nice! I have alomost the same setup, but was wondering if you rode the front before having it "Pushed" as I am considering doing it to mine which is almost a year old at this point. I am just wondering if it makes that much of a difference. Did you have the Talas cartridge rebuilt by Push as well?
    How much does yours weigh? I need to post a few pics as I have heard people at 24-26 lbs but mine is at 28??

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I switched due to the Medium being a tad small for me at 5'11.5" tall. I love the way the Large fits me and I can go back to a 90mm stem which I really like for boppin' around the trails. I will try to post the weight of the bike, if I can find a scale somewhere. I think it is around 28 with those wheels spec'd out with 819 rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushman
    Jalea,
    That looks very nice! I have alomost the same setup, but was wondering if you rode the front before having it "Pushed" as I am considering doing it to mine which is almost a year old at this point. I am just wondering if it makes that much of a difference. Did you have the Talas cartridge rebuilt by Push as well?
    How much does yours weigh? I need to post a few pics as I have heard people at 24-26 lbs but mine is at 28??
    I did ride the 2007 Talas before having it PUSHED and it was good, but the shock wasn't really plush on small bumps, even with the Compression Damping set at minimum. So after a year I decided to have it Pushed and did the whole Tuning/Cartridge rebuild for my 195# riding weigh.

When I had it on my Medium Epi, the ride was SO PLUSH on the trail that the bike just FLOWED! However, the fork bottomed out a bit too much for my liking. I contacted PUSH about this and they suggested I set the CD out to around 5 from minimum and to increase the REBOUND (ie..Less RC). This helped quite a bit, but it still bottomed out on some abrupt gullies from downhill to uphill that my trail has.

I started to think that maybe my frame was a bit too small and I was weighing the front end too much even in a neutral position. After getting the Large EPI and adjusting my body position with a shorter 90mm stem, all of the bottoming out went away and the bike takes those gullies in stride. The Push form now performs like I want it to and it doesn't dive nearly as much as it did with the Medium frame when I go downhill.

I will give big thumbs up to the tuning that PUSH does. Just make sure to give them your body weight with all of your gear on.