Time is not a road.

My first ride on an Ellsworth...

...was in Las Vegas. I signed up for one of those day tours and he didn't have anyone else going that day so he let me ride on of his Truths. I was shocked at how solid the suspension was and stable. The four bar design was really great, soaked up the bumps, but pedalled really well. I fell in love with them then.

No I have an Isis...I like the looks of the frame. It's a great bike and I wouldn't trade it for anything...well, maybe a Joker.

Rolling
    Very odd! Bizarre! A comment like that in light of what's gabbed about here.

You rode a Truth and like it. Sure, OK! it is a great design and is four-bar.

Now you own a completely different design; an ISIS. I can understand if you rode a Superlight, Pantera, Weyless, and other single pivot bikes, then made that comment. But the only similiarity between a Truth and and ISIS is the Ellsworth name--it's not a four-bar design! What is your point? you just like the name "Ellsworth"?

Weird how after an intense flame session, out-of-the-blue posts like this pop up!

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

Good job!

I had my ISIS sl on diet pills
    the thing was light and bloody fast
    I Ride, I Know

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman

Now you own a completely different design; an ISIS. I can understand if you rode a Superlight, Pantera, Weyless, and other single pivot bikes, then made that comment. But the only similiarity between a Truth and and ISIS is the Ellsworth name--it's not a four-bar design! What is your point? you just like the name "Ellsworth"?

Weird how after an intense flame session, out-of-the-blue posts like this pop up!
    I wanted to change the subject. I uderstand the frustration that people feel when they have to deal with warranty issues. I've done it with Fox and Marzocchi. My friend has done it with Titus. These are all well recognized and respected companies, but there are horror stories of warranty issues gone bad for any company.

I guess, I ride my Ellsworth because I like the design, the craftsmanship, the reputation. I'll admit, I bought into the name, but I don't regret that.

Just trying to stay positive about riding, man.

mtbr member
    May 2004

face the facts

is your so sold on a superlight ride one they suck you cant be a good ryder or a good anything if you got that lame ass bike learn to ride get off the computer and then talk people like u give mt bikers a bad name

mtbr member
    May 2004

... and if we just ... ride on

Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    thats what i like to here ellsworth is rad and simply the best

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    I went just the opposite...coil shock, big tires, no concern for weight. I figured I needed to make my fat a$$ smaller anyway. I love the bike for it's versatility though, you can make it light, you can make it heavy, depending on where you live. I have no problems running a 2.4 in the back and could probably go bigger and the shocks options are limitless. Sweet ride, no matter what linkage type you get.

Time is not a road.

You know, the real reason I got the ISIS instead of the Truth was that in the 2003 catalog, Ellsworth listed the bike as being convertable from 4-5" of travel. This was never realized as the claimed shock maker never came thru on an adjustable shock. I suppose I could have really been upset about that, the ID was too much travel, the Truth would always be at 4" and I wanted to be able to upgrade, but it's water under the bridge now. Single pivot, four bar, didn't matter either way, except from maybe a maintenance point of view.

I like my Ellsworth, it works for me. But I suppose I could have an issue with thier advertising? I just don't let it get to me too much. I do agree with those guys though to a degree...if I was out of a bike to ride, I'd be mad too.