mtbr member
    Jun 2007

... and if we just ... My Epiphany is here!

The custom I9s finally came in and the bike is now home!

Justin, the owner of JB Mountain Bikes in PA (http://www.jbmountainbikes.com/) did an outstanding job on the bike! I wouldn't hesitate to get another bike from Justin. Everything was top notch and whenever I emailed him (which was often!) I'd usually get a reply back in about half an hour! Now that's customer service! Heck, he even opened the shop on a Sunday for my pickup!

Here's the specs:

Epiphany, Nebula Blue, Medium
    Front Suspension Fork: Fox Racing Shox 32 TALAS RLC 2008
    Brake: Formula Oro Bianco
    Cassettes: SRAM PG-990 Cassette 11/34
    Cranks: Shimano XT
    Front Derailleurs: XT
    Grips: Oury Lock-on
    Handlebars: Race Face Deus Low Riser
    Headset: Chris King
    Pedals: Time ATAC XS Titanium Carbon Pedals
    Rear Derailleurs: SRAM X0
    Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23 2008
    Saddles: WTB Laser V SLT
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Shifter: SRAM X0 Twist
    Stems: Thomson X4
    Wheels: Industry Nine All-Mountain Custom Blue
    Tires - Kenda Nevegals
    Skewers: DT Swiss RWS Skewer Set

And now some pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    More pictures!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    And just a few more!

(Hope no one minds!!)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    That's a sexy beast. What's the weight?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sweet machine!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Beautiful Bike!

JB does great work. He actually stayed open late last Saturday when I called him in a panic after I snapped the derailleur hanger on my Truth. Kept the shop open in order to give me enough time to throw the bike in the car and get it down there in order to replace the hanger so that I could be back on the trails for an early Sunday ride.

mtbr member

Very Nice Ride

Enjoy your bike !

JDOM for life
    that is a sick bike! congratulations and ride that thing till you drop!

mtbr member
    Nice bike! Thanks for sharing pix!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I too just got an '08 Epiphany--there seems to be a ton of anti-Ellsworth stuff on these boards. I've been riding my Ells super hard on tons of trails in Utah/Colorado. Hands down the best bike I've ever ridden. Super efficient and super plush at the same time and I don't even use the ProPedal!

You have the best looking bike on the trail. No other brand can match the badass anodization with magnesium/carbon rocker arm (I have the smoke anodization, nebula blue was my second choice).

Mine has a little more XTR but is otherwise almost identical.

What does yours weigh?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meph
    I too just got an '08 Epiphany--there seems to be a ton of anti-Ellsworth stuff on these boards. I've been riding my Ells super hard on tons of trails in Utah/Colorado. Hands down the best bike I've ever ridden. Super efficient and super plush at the same time and I don't even use the ProPedal!

You have the best looking bike on the trail. No other brand can match the badass anodization with magnesium/carbon rocker arm (I have the smoke anodization, nebula blue was my second choice).

Mine has a little more XTR but is otherwise almost identical.

What does yours weigh?

You enjoy your ride, that's what counts. Don't worry about the negative posts - it's the same dozen people most of the time and they are a drop in the ocean of the mountain bike world. Most of them come from a certain bike manufacturer and despite denial they haven't got over the pivot loss yet. And remember while they are on here b1tching and moaning and trying to bring people down - they aren't on the trails

The Epi is a stunning bike - enjoy!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey that is one sweet looking machine....I am in the market for a new bike...I've got it narrowed down to 2... Epiphany vs Mojo...convince me on the Epi....

MTB SOCAL
    Beautiful bike! I hope you enjoy the Epi! I know I love mine.

I have an 07 med Epi (smoke color) with RP23 / 06 Float RLC / Industry Nine wheels / XTR front / XO rear / XO shifters. Pretty similar build to yours. The last time I weighed my bike, it was a little over 26.5 lbs. I would guess yours is in that ballpark as well, which is very respectable for a 5" travel trail bike.

For the posters considering an Epi - you cannot go wrong with the bike.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Nice ride! I am digging that wheelset. I got a 07 Med Epi(Nebula Blue as well) early this summer. What an awesome bike. It's hard to imagine anything could ride better. I am loving mine and plan to ride it till it busts!

I got mine from Competitve Cyclist over the internet and their service was great. Always responded to my emails and were willing to answer my frequent questions. I used their Fit Calculator online and I believe it worked because my Epiphany fits and feels great. www.competitivecyclist.com

Anyway, enjoy your Epiphany. It is a killer ride

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Great looking bike. Enjoy it. The wheels are really cool and I think the frame finish is the best in the business.