Owner, Spoke Apparel

MRP G2 on 2010 Moment

Trying to get an MRP G2 chain guide properly lined up on my Moment. Mounts are ISCG. Using two spacers on the drive side bottom bracket, none on the non drive side (as I have always done with my Moments). However, the chain ring is too damn close to the chain guide. I have the chain guide bolted flush to the ISCG mount, no spacers. I am running RF Atlas AM cranks and using the RF 32 T middle ring only (ramped). The chain is rubbing the guide on the upper and lower side in the 4 largest rear chain rings on the cassette. The chain guide need to move BACK toward the bike. Really frustrated. Any ideas?

www.SpokeApparel.com
    T-Shirts for Mountain Bikers

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Race Face cranks have a narrower chainline than Shimano or SRAM's. Are the ISCG tabs flush with the bb or recessed at all? Do you have any spindle spacers installed? Call us tomorrow and we'll see what we can come up with, 970.241.3518.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    Ya. I'm realizing how narrow they really are. The ISCG mount is flush with the BB face. I have two spindle spacers installed. And correction on my first post - only one BB spacer on the drive side. These cranks simply will not work with this chain guide. Here is the only solution: bolt 32t middle ring to outer spider (where large ring usually goes). Remove BB spacer from drive side, install on non-drive side. Machine off the mounts for the small ring on the cranks. Pray the middle ring falls within the proper spec distance from middle of seat post to chain ring (roughly 47-50mm). Kinda messed up this guide doesn't work with RF All Mountain cranks. It totally should.
    www.SpokeApparel.com

keepin' it rural

ronnie ring

for what its worth, i have been using this Ronnie Ring thing for four years on my Moment ( i dont have the ISCG mounts) and i haven't dropped a chain once. its a pretty simple solution.

http://www.ronniering.com/pb/wp_5f0b..._5f0b4861.html

edit: doh! i just realized your just running the middle ring, sorry. but i wonder if he would make a larger one to sandwich the middle ring instead, he was really cool to work with he machined mine with slightly deeper recesses to give more clearance for the BB pivot.

Owner, Spoke Apparel

No good

Quote Originally Posted by summud
    for what its worth, i have been using this Ronnie Ring thing for four years on my Moment ( i dont have the ISCG mounts) and i haven't dropped a chain once. its a pretty simple solution.

http://www.ronniering.com/pb/wp_5f0b..._5f0b4861.html

edit: doh! i just realized your just running the middle ring, sorry. but i wonder if he would make a larger one to sandwich the middle ring instead, he was really cool to work with he machined mine with slightly deeper recesses to give more clearance for the BB pivot.
    ya man. was running amd inner bash by BBG. problem with that set up is that if you bash a rocl or log just right, the inner ring will bend.

long story short, i got the MRP G2 on there but the chain rubs the guide while in the 4 largest cogs in the rear casette. not real happy with this at all. damn thing retails for a butt load. i wonder if it is even meant to work with an 11-32.
    www.SpokeApparel.com