Hey all,
Been looking at the Ellsworth line-up and am curious of your thoughts on something:
I am currently short-shocking my moment to a little over 5" of rear travel to have a lower bb (COG) and slightly slacker HA. It seems to be a pretty nice fit, though I don't have a ton of time on it yet. My ultimate goal is to be able to have a lighter 5" trail bike and then slap the 6" on the front and back and have a more AM friendly rig

Something has me curious as I said though...the momentum is currently (at least from the info on the web page) fitted with a 7.5 x 1.75 shock for 5" of travel (though 100mm is stated??) My curiosity comes from wondering if a 7.5 x 2.0 shock would fit this frame?

The whole reason I ask this is, I really like the geo numbers of the momentum (shorter CS, lower SO, shorter ST...). With 5" of travel and a 5" travel fork, this bike would be a pretty interesting trail shredder.

I know many of you will say why not just go with their 5" trail bike version as is and not muck about with the momentum. Well the momentum set up the way I suggest is (at least on paper) going to be quite a different beast in my opinion. A beast that many folks are actually looking for these days. The so called "DHer's trail bike!"

Anyway, just e spec now as I'm not even sure the momentum is available yet.

boone