Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The MOMENT is what you make it.....

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  warriormonk 
#1 ·

See less See more
#6 ·
Weight is 32.2. Over a # lighter than my '05. If I switch to a air can I bet I could lose another pound and when I get sick of the awesome traction from the Intense tires I may shed a little more weight with lighter rubber. She is a Med. Frame. I'm 5'10" and change. 170#'s geared up.

Some measurements

With fork set @ 160 BB was 14"
With fork @ 170 BB was 14 5/16
ETT is 23.5
TT 22.5
ST 17
HT 4.75

Thanks for the Compliments.

Not sure about the HA. Assuming this has the same geo I'd say 68-69 depending on fork. Total guesstamation.

#8 ·
This bike is awesome. Review is based on specs.

'08 generation 3 Moment Med. Ano Blue
Zoke 66 sl ata
Dhx (pushed) Ti coil
XT cranks ( 22 granny 34 middle fsa Bash)
11-34 cassete (sram)
sram 991 chain
XO rear derail
X-gen fr. derail
XO shifters
Hope Mono Mini brakes
7" floating discs FR + RR
I9 enduro wheelset 20mm fr 10mm rear (awesome)
Intense 2.35 DC fr tire (900gm)
Intense 2.25 DC rr tire (700gm)
Thomson stem (90)
Thomson post
Hope seat clamp
CK headset
FSA carbon bars
Ruffian grips
Specalized Phenom sl saddle

32.2 #'s

Built to Climb, GO down hill, and eat any obstical in my way.

I have been setting the 66 @ 160 for most of the riding I have been doing. First trip with the bike was in Fruita CO. Had no problem riding long hours in the saddle. Trails like Western rim, Mack ridge, Troy built, marys loop, and horsthief bench. Oh can't forget the quick little lap on kessel run. What a blast.
Back on the front range of Colorado I have been having the time of my life on this bike. Small bumps don't exsist. Climbing is spot on. Need to get through a techie section just leave it in the middle ring and mash the pedals until its behind you. Steering is very precise and the bike goes right where you point it.
Of course the fun really starts when the trail points DOWN. The faster you go the better the suspension seems to work. Not to say it doesn't do it's job on the slow stuff but the bike really motors through sketchey, rocky, techie trail at speed. You just don't need to be as careful picking your line. Cornering is great and the bike stays glued to berms.
I ride a trail that has a few small drops 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 footerrs to flat. Not that they are huge by most peoples standards but you feel like you dropped a 6" curb the suspension works so good. Can't wait to try some larger drops to tranny.

Not sure why this version works better than my '05 did. Stiffer rear end. SURE. Pushed DHX coil. More than likely. Butterey smooth 66 fork. Always helps. But more than likely everything is just working very well together.

My '05 moment made me a solid rider. The NEW '08 is really helping me push some personal limits and giving me the confidence to do so.

I LOVE MY MOMENT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.