mtbr member

Moment rear triangle on Epi?

Disregaurding the warranty issue, does anyone know if it is possible to put the moment rear triange & rocker on the Epi front triangle?

I would like to have the rear travel of the Moment, but with the head angle of the epi, for my Austin terrain.

I know, Taboo.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Forgiven
    Classic.

I want the opposite. Anyone running a Talas 36 on their Epi??

Sorry for the JACK

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    Disregaurding the warranty issue, does anyone know if it is possible to put the moment rear triange & rocker on the Epi front triangle?

I would like to have the rear travel of the Moment, but with the head angle of the epi, for my Austin terrain.

I know, Taboo.
    I think the rockers and the chainstay of the Epi and the Moment may be the same in length and width, am not sure about the seat stay( the Moment may be wider to accomodate larger tires) .

I am guessing maybe you could try a 7.875 x 2.25 stroke shock to try and get six inches out of the epi versus the stock 7.875 x 2.0 shock that gives it 5.3 inches. It works that way in choosing the travel with the Moment ,it may apply to the Epi since their rear ends are almost identical . The only variant perhaps would be width of seat stay and the angle of seat tube .

I would see if the carbon brace of the rocker is too close to the seat tube when suspension is fully compressed, before trying it out . Maybe you can take out the shock and approximate an additional .25 inch of stroke , and see if its going to hit the seat tube.

VooDoo user.
    Its not wise to mess with mother nature. (Tony E. Nature )

Rolling
    I can speculate as good as anyone else without having the actual specs for the bikes or the actual bikes but I bet the stays are the same and even the Rockers are close. The shocks are 7.875x2.0 for epi and 7.875x2.25 for moment and if the moment rocker is slightly longer, it will make the travel 6" compared to 5.25" There is that asym stay on the epi compared to the moment and I know on the epi, it's shorter to make up for a different drop-out pivot distance. The moment might have a slighly longer chainstay but I don't think it's that relevant unless you switch chainstays.

Bottom line is you might be able to use moment rockers and a longer stroke shock to get what you want. But I wouldn't do it unless you got the measurements.

epi

Moment

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    Classic.

I want the opposite. Anyone running a Talas 36 on their Epi??

Sorry for the JACK
    Right now i'm running the pike and it is GREAT, but i feel like i could go another 5-10 mm of travel and still not jack with the performance too much...so that would leave me comparing the A-C differences in the Lyric and new 36 float...(with spacers to bring it down from 160 to 150 or 145).

Which fork has less A-C difference between the lyric and 36 float??
    Last edited by PAINpusher; 04-12-2008 at 04:48 AM.
    Hydrate or Die Trying