mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Moment rear tires

What is the biggest rear tire you are running in the rear of you Moment? I have a 2008 with the rocker arms on the outside.

T.W.O.
    I have the 07 and run 2.35 nev with plenty of room to spare. My friend has the 09 he tried the 2.5 Nev with no problems. Don't know if you need any more than 2.35 though. If you need a wider footprint, try Velocity P35 rim, 35mm width gotta be wide enough.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    my buddy has run the huge Specialized Clutch SX 2.3 (bigger than a Maxxis 2.5) on his Moment Mk3 mounted on Stan's ZTR Flow rims with plenty of clearance

mtbr member
    I'm running a Maxxis Minion 2.35, I had an Intense DH 2.5 but it started rubbing after the first ride (I even tried sanding down the edges, but to no avail). The 2.35 has PLENTY of clearance.

mtbr member
    I've run a specialized enduro 2.4 without issues.

(My 3 yr. old daughter wants to type)

v vvhvhvhvjvhvv vjv
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have been runing Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4s with a little rubing in the corners. I am wanting to try Continental Rubber Queen 2.4s.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by utarch00
    I have been runing Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4s with a little rubing in the corners. I am wanting to try Continental Rubber Queen 2.4s.
    Just wanted to comment that on my 2009 Moment I've been running Schwalbe 2.4 Nobby Nics. (I'm running Notubes Flow rims) I get tire rub when bottoming out the rear suspension for instance during a hard landing. Scared the crap out of me at first but don't feel its a danger. I still don't know exactly where the rub is coming from. I put back on a Nevagel 2.35 and verified that I had no issues with that but then went back to the 2.4 Nobby Nic and just live with it.

Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by No Dabs
    Just wanted to comment that on my 2009 Moment I've been running Schwalbe 2.4 Nobby Nics. (I'm running Notubes Flow rims) I get tire rub when bottoming out the rear suspension for instance during a hard landing. Scared the crap out of me at first but don't feel its a danger. I still don't know exactly where the rub is coming from. I put back on a Nevagel 2.35 and verified that I had no issues with that but then went back to the 2.4 Nobby Nic and just live with it.
    Let the air out of your rear shock and you're likely to find the answer. If the fat tire doesn't rub at or near full compression, then the wheel may be flexing a bit during hard landings, allowing tire contact with the frame.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.