Thread: Moment colour

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Moment colour

What colour gets your vote?

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Ok

ok i'd say black!! but blue with a black back end looks sweet too its all about personal preference really

and id like to add NO AT THE MOMENT I DO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THEN TO WRITE ALL THESE REPLIES (if somones noticed that is) too much work not enough play! I'l Leave that for Uni
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

Brass Nipples!

Mine's blue...

Wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Col
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    Wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    Sorry Bob but line-ball between Black/Grey and then Blue. Your bike has a great build spec but I think that the other colours are better than blue. I can say something that I am sure that you will agree with and that is "thanks Tony for not doing the Moment in Gold (same as the ID - don't know what you are thinking with that colour, nearly as bad as the poobrown Roller of the 70's).

No disrespect intended Bob all three colours look good.

Trail rider and racer
    Black or Blue.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    grey or black.i chose grey.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    "thanks Tony for not doing the Moment in Gold (same as the ID - don't know what you are thinking with that colour, nearly as bad as the poobrown Roller of the 70's).

I like the Blue the best. If the Id came in that color last year, I would have gone that route. Black and grey bikes are boring. I like to stand out on the trail. I like a little color. And I do say thanks to Tony for having the balls to have a stand out color like the Gold. That's why I have this...

Just ignore the mess in the garage. We're in the middle of a re-order out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Yep

i agree Stand out i like to do the same although mine is a Black Moment i do it in other ways!!
    Personaly as a studying photographer / artist, i think they all look good in there own way no one should bother with others opinion there all great i recon black suits me more!!
    (PS. i am not a Hippy, Hang loose man!!! )
    Do what suits you!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

I agree,

that's why I was asking. Best to stand out with the gold than a black one. For me the worst two colours for a bike are black or silver (a black frame looks good but once built it just looks bland), just doesn't stand out even with fancy kit.

The frame is what people look at and that's where the base colour should be the strongest.
    People are not bold enough nowadays so be brave and stand out!

Wait a couple more weeks till interbike to see the 05 Moment! in a new funky colour I hope...

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! indeed..

like i said what suits you 4 me blacks best
    and also thought that its what suited the bike.
    anyway if they had a deeper more royal red perhaps CKing'esc, but a little darker i think i would defenatly gone for that. bare this in mind, just because blue may suit you it may not be your kind of blue, there are many different tones out there, it may not work for you! it's defenatly worth looking at before hand... For instance blue wont work well with my personality but i curtainly began to reconsider when i saw it on the moment in real life, darker Deeper then i thought. but as said came to the conclusion blue still doesnt suit me properly!! a good yellow or green may have been funny and perhaps one to consider

im an artist i Know my colours!!

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job!

oh and Black only looks a little bland on a photo, up close and personal its really smart and you tend to look at other small details and colour variations when you see it in life!! im sure its the same for all of those colours out there, in there own way

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

black?

what does black do for your personality?

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! hmm

Alot, have you got the time?? I could give an answere worthy of an essey, but that would require thinking and frankly im way too tyered, too much overtime and late nights and early mornings are not a good combo, especially if you stupidly manage to do it all the time. But enough rambling! Off the top of my head and in short, its mainly because its smart + im sure you wouldnt agree but if you where to personify it, it could compare to James Bond the Tux look but thats just me, with the silver gothic writing looks argueably evil, THE Most solid colour around, since it is said to contain all colours. It goes with anything, youl never get fed up with it and never goes out of fasion, A bit like ME really , lol theres more but that would be rambling

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Oops!!

ok i just read it again i wrote that quickly and clearly you can see how tired i am DOH with all those damn spelling mistakes

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    Alot, have you got the time?? I could give an answere worthy of an essey, but that would require thinking and frankly im way too tyered, too much overtime and late nights and early mornings are not a good combo, especially if you stupidly manage to do it all the time. But enough rambling! Off the top of my head and in short, its mainly because its smart + im sure you wouldnt agree but if you where to personify it, it could compare to James Bond the Tux look but thats just me, with the silver gothic writing looks argueably evil, THE Most solid colour around, since it is said to contain all colours. It goes with anything, youl never get fed up with it and never goes out of fasion, A bit like ME really , lol theres more but that would be rambling
    I have to agree. The black ano has a classic, sophisticated look while at the same time also being sinister. I wanted the blue but ended up with another black bike (My 5th). The Red and Gold (orange) ano look nice but I'm not sure how long I could deal with those colors.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Black is one of the best colours and like you say never goes out of fashion.A Classic colour.

Why do you have to stand out?

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! i like to be noticed

must stand out, one of the many motto's i live by: "those who dont get noticed dont get!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

trust me,

You think you stand out while out on your bike but to be honest doing good street riding or something on your moment is more likely to make you stand out than having a good looking bike.

Use your skill to stand out and you'll never have to look in the mirror again.

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Lol

Yep, in an earlier post i made i said: "i like to stand out in other ways", or word to that effect. Thats what i meant although i dont pretend to be a great street rider i can do stuff, but for me it's on the trail that matters

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    How do you stand out on the trail? I stand out by being the one who stacks it all the time.

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! my brilliance i'm not too big headed!!

i stand out by taking people with ease on those impossible up hills to gain time and prepare myself for the loss of time Due to my incredible crash on the way down!!
    ok i dont really crash too much but have had bad luck with tires bursting on corners. like a curtain Ewan could tell you all about

PS. i can beat everyone i know including Ewan but alot of you could prob beat me im sure, im not pro or anything lool never actually attended and "official" races but will be now with the moment, should really bring my old stumpy up to for a bash in Glen Tress. although i managed to break the Frt sus Frt wheel and other tooth damage on the crankset, lol.
    That, and Blowers posts made me decide on my moment!
    thats the story

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Grey. I don't like to draw attention I just like to steadily climb past people and bomb down past them again and let them wonder why? Besides I have a Metalic Green Kona Stuff hardtail with a 6" triple crown fork and 24" rims with a 3" tire on the front for the slow fun stuff

Brass Nipples!

Now THAT's a beautiful bike!

Quote Originally Posted by cytocycle
    Grey. I don't like to draw attention I just like to steadily climb past people and bomb down past them again and let them wonder why? Besides I have a Metalic Green Kona Stuff hardtail with a 6" triple crown fork and 24" rims with a 3" tire on the front for the slow fun stuff
    Looks like a ghost.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    Looks like a ghost.
    Too bad Ells didn't ano the rockers black also.
    Nothing to see here.

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! mmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Too bad Ells didn't ano the rockers black also.
    Tis true would be nice to have a black rocker!!
    as for the bike its smooth looking comfortable, nice, love it
    was my second choice. but like i said blacks just a little bit more edgy, too much subtlety doesnt suit me tis nice though like you discribed!!
    Last edited by Krafty; 09-10-2004 at 11:16 AM. Reason: whats wrong with it it wont post

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I had a Blue Dare (awesome Color) sold it because I'm not in Colorado anymore and the Momement is a better all around bike. I went grey because I had a Black ID (see attached messy Picture 27.5lbs, that had a ball crunching standover for my 30" inseam even in a small) and a Giant NRS1 that I built up completely black, so I decided to try something different...

When I ordered my Grey one another Black one was being ordered so I decided to do something different and also the grey shows less dust (which means less cleaning and more riding...)

The all black does look awesome, yeah it would look even more stealth with black ano rockers...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Tis a nice bike(good colour ) Nice build too.