mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Moment on Air - DHX/Evolver/RocoAir-R/Pearl3.3

Greetings...

Wanted to ask if anyone uses/plans to use/has thoughts about using NON DHX 5 on Ells Moment.

Manitou suggest that evolver is AM/FR
    Marzocchi uggest that Roco Air is AM/FR
    RS suggest that Pearl is AM/FR

any thoughts, experiences, suggestions?

Compulsive Bike Builder

Rp23

Quote Originally Posted by pedal-on
    Wanted to ask if anyone uses/plans to use/has thoughts about using NON DHX 5 on Ells Moment.
    Someone has posted this already, but for '07 Fox has a 7 7/8 x 2.25 RP23. I am thinking of going with that. The DHX 5 makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out. The one feature I want - propedal on/off switch - it does not have, but the RP23 does. Plus there is a little weight to be lost. All irrelevant if you are looking for a coil shock, of course. Maybe there is a high volume sleeve for the RP23, which would be appropriate for the Moment, which a pretty linear rate linkage, if I am not mistaken.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

VooDoo user.
    paging Chad.

he's running a rp23. and use to have a dhx coil ( if I remember correctly)

Time is not a road.
    Yeah, I have a RP23. I don't know if you can get this as stock on a new order though.

I have heard that the RS stuff is just not ready for comsumtion yet. The Roco is still pretty new. I haven't seen anyone that has one yet. Same with the Evolver.

The DHX is a good shock. It's adjustability is really suited to guys who do a lot of drops, DH/FR type of riding because of the bottom out adjust and the boost valve, giving it some progressivity to act similar to an air shock. But for general trail riding I think it's both heavy and slow actuating so that it spikes on square edge and rapid successive bumps. That's where Push makes this shock so much better, but that's a $200 upgrade.

For overall riding, the RP23 is fantastic. It's platform is a little too much in the higher settings for my tastes. I will probably have this shock Pushe'd to get more out of it in the middle setting. But it has just the right amount of compression damping in the low Pro Pedal setting to alleviate any unwanted movement. Without the valve cap on, I can mount it right side up, it clears the rocker by a few mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ಠ_ಠ
    looks like you have the High Volume Rp23.