mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Moment in action

Well, make that inaction because I took the pictures.

Today’s ride: all my riding buddies except for my best friend Peanut have gone skiing for the holidays. Peanut doesn’t ski, and is always up for a ride. The snow has finally disappeared from the lower trails around here, and the conditions were prime. Here are a couple of pics from the first trail. That blue heron did not move at all while I bushwacked around to get the second picture.

Hope the pictures are there! I don't see them on the preview.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hooray Beer!
    nice pics, peanut looks like a trooper, gonna have to report u to forum police for false advertising hoever re: action shots
    Last edited by kid A; 12-29-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Silver bullet

Road riding

Great pics!! Hats (helmets) off to Peanut.

Kind of makes you wonder why people like to road ride. Getting on the subject...what's the general consensus on road riding? I have a road bike and ride it some but only as a last resort. I'd much rather be in the woods on my Moment. Can't explain it...the road just doesn't do it for me.

Lets hear it, rode or trail?!

Time is not a road.
    Definitely trail...I'd rather run into a mountain lion than a Suburban...they kill roadies in CO left and right. Even though we have excellent bike lanes on almost all roads, there are still an inordinate number of fatalities and accidents. Maybe some of this just comes with the sheer volume of road riders, but still, motorists have to consider that they are on the roads.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Cool Pics. Is Peanut a Ridgeback?
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Peanut is a Ridgeback-Doberman cross - he's a Roady-Dobey.

And, I don't want to get in trouble with the forum police on my very first thread so here is an action pic from the spring, with me on the moment rolling down 'big smoothie'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hooray Beer!
    nice shot. u r redeemed, extra credit for peanut hucking the same drop (w/rig)