method updates???

anything?
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    i give up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm the guy that won the "Name it - Win it" contest that they had, so I'm supposed to be getting a complete Method when they finally reach production. Originally I was expecting to get the bike somewhere around late Oct to late November. Apparently they did some further testing and revised the frame slightly. Production was pushed back as a result, or at least that's what I was told at the time. Every time I have checked in (about once a month or so) they have moved the production back to the end of the next month. The other info I was given had to do with high demand in other models (Evolve, Evolution, etc.) that took precedence in production order. Essentially they had orders to fill in popular models and had to move them up in the production order. Last I heard they hoped to have my bike ready around the end of April. That was late March when I was given the last update. They have been very good in responding each and every time I email them to find out where things are at. Hope that helps in some way. My hope is that they are prepared to show off a finished product at Sea Otter.

mtbr member
    Any luck yet godfather?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    No new info at this time. I sent an email last week sometime, asking if production and delivery schedule was still as expected, but haven't had a response as of yet. I'm sure that Sea Otter and other events had them a bit out of the normal operating flow. I'll probably hit them up again today or tomorrow. I'll let ya know if I get any new info.

Cheers,

Rick

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Heard today that they might have some nickel or purple haze frames coming out of the factory late next week. I had requested a different color, so I'm waiting to hear how much longer it might be for it, or what other colors might be available soon. It looks like it's actually getting closer to happening though.

mtbr member
    Any word on the revised geometry? That TT is gonna be pretty short. Even on the large.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    As far as I know, the geometry listed on the website is accurate. It is a pretty short TT, but a pretty slack SA, so depending on how they are measuring the TT length, actual vs horizontal, the numbers could be deceiving. Time will tell.

mtbr member
    Updates godfather?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nothing new to report. I've sent two emails in the past week and a half. I have yet to get a response, and no updates since early last month. The disappointment is starting to build...

mtbr member
    Maybe they're hoping you forget about it. Hahaha

Keep on them. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Finally got a response from Ellsworth on Wednesday. Apparently my point of contact left the company recently, so I sort of fell through the cracks. My frame is in, along with all parts. It's a purple frame with black rockers and bling kit. It is the XT build kit (apparently all kits are single ring 1x10 now, not 2x10 as listed on the website). They upgraded me from X9 because of the long wait. Apparently the only stems they had in stock were blue, so rather than wait another 3-4 weeks, I took that and I'll swap it later. Hopefully it will be shipping in the next few days. Might even have it by the end of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!

mtbr member
    Sweet, post pictures when you get it.!!
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    So, it finally arrived on Wednesday afternoon. Here are a couple of pictures as I got everything unpacked. I'll probably swap out a few things as I build it. I started tinkering with it after work the other night. Should have it ready to ride early next week, if Ellsworth sends me the rear thru axle that was missing from the shipment.

mtbr member
    Can't wait to see it built up.

Congrats a sweet color.

Be curious about the size (assume its the longer) TT measurements (actual with post).
    How it feels pedaling, will it climb, WB measurements. Yada yada.
    Thanks godfather
    Last edited by toHELLuRIDE; 06-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Method

I got mine in the later part of May. I think it was one of the first couple.
    Love it but for most of the trails I ride around here I miss my Epiphany I sold. For trips to Moab it is awesome and I'm looking forward to some lift riding later this summer.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails method updates???-photo-jun-28-10-09-01-am.jpg  

Last edited by LeBeau; 06-28-2012 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    congrats on your new ride
    Looks like a massive bike,
    except for the seattube,
    it seems that is the weakest link if you have very long post,
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The bike is big but very manageable. My friend gives me grief about how long the post is. It's hard to break old cross country habits. I'm thinking of getting a dropper post in the fall and it will help.

Mark

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My Method is finally built and ready to ride. It took another few weeks after the frame was delivered for them to get in more 12x142 Shimano rear axles so they could send me one for my frame. It came today, and now the bike is finally complete. I'm sure I'll tweak and change things a bit, but now I can get her out and find out what she can do!

mtbr member
    Looks sweet. Looking forward to a ride report.

I wanna ride.
    So, how does it feel? Is it what you'd expected? Give us some details!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Somehow, the pictures give me the feeling that the frame is flexy. Loving the purple though

whatever she says gueuze.
    I bumped into a guy at Big Bear last summer who worked for Ells and checked out his method. It was very nice and after owning Dares and a Rogue, I was in the market until I recently saw the retail price on it....over $3K for the frame. Is Tony smoking? There's no way anyone can justify paying that kind of price for an AM alum frame. Was an Ells fan until now.

Moose Member
    any updates or ride reports?